What is my role
Shane Warne – 'The Leader of the pack'
1. Spin to win. Take the big wickets and impose yourself on the contest.
2. Match-winning temperament in closing overs with the bat.
3. Marshall the troops slip or short covers/midoff.
Shane Watson – 'The Enforcer'
1. Positive mind set, adapt according to requirements, bat long innings.
2. New ball or first change, plus closing bowler of clever variety!
3. Field in slip early, deep late.
4. Leader within group, expectation to give always to the team cause
Yusuf Pathan – 'The Statement Maker'
1. Be Aggressive, dominate the start of the innings. Play with freedom, take 'em on!
2. Stump-to-stump off-spin
3. Field in the ring early on and in the deep later.
Mohd. Kaif – 'The Guiding Light'
1. Manage and massage the batting team, create winning score.
2. The best fieldsman in India, show us why!
3. The glue to keep the unit together.
Munaf Patel – 'The Pace Setter'
1. Hit the wicket hard and provide pace at the start. Use high full-toss if needed, angle in from wide of crease at Virender Sehwag.
Strong bodylanguage, lead our attack.
2. Value your wicket and put bat on ball with the stick. Ever run counts.
3. Must be alert and energetic in the field. Use your strong arm from the deep.
Dinesh Salunkhe – 'The Game Changer'
1. Bowl stump-to-stump fast leg-spin and be ready to bowl at any stage vs new batsman.
2. Try bowling from around the wicket as practiced. Remember, first ball is the best ball.
3. Slap some hard balls down the order to get us over the line.
Mahesh Rawat: "Mr. Adaptability'
1. The best hands in the IPL, your chance to shine.
2. Bat according to situation, play smart according to massage or murder.
3. Hit to strengths and run well between wickets.
4. Set the standards on field, you're the engine of the fielding unit.
Ravindra Jadeja – 'The Natural'
1. Play natural game, hit the ball long and hard, run hard between wickets.
2. Be ready just in case to bowl the odd over or two. Mix pace, spin it hard!
3. Must be the energyman in the field, always switched on to the contest. RUN!
Siddharth Trivedi – 'Mixed Bag of tricks'
1. Use change of pace and unpredictability with the ball – keeper up.
2. Execute what is required depending on the situation.
3. Get off strike to get the other batsman on.
4. Field with enthusiasm, attack the ball in deep.
Pankaj Singh – 'The Rajasthan Express'
1. Steam in and provide the side with pace and bounce early on.
2. Use variety when necessary, execute yorkers and low full-tosses well.
3. Hit long and straight just like Ranji Trophy innings.
4. Must be alive in the field, provide some energy for our team.
Niraj Patel – 'The Innings Manipulator'
1. Play positively and look to score ever ball. Guide and greaft with skilful hands.
2. Be an option to bowl if called upon.
3. Must be one of our best fielders, our runout man with clean hands under pressure. Hustle the boys between overs, use experience.
Swapnil Asnodkar – 'The Goa Cannon'
1. Set up the innings with clever strokeplay and use your strong wrists. Run like a rabbit between the wickets!
2. Must be one of the shining lights in the field.
Taruwar Kohli: 'The Platform'
1. Play cricketing shots with freedom, build an innings of substance.
2. Part time medium-pace with keeper up.
Darren Lehmann (no longer there) – 'The Skilful Craftsman'
1. Experience to build or bully the innings according to situation.
2. Innovation and skill, especially against spin, use experience.
3. Clever changes of pace with the ball, change momentum.
Smith, Tanvir & Akmal joined the team only after this document was made.