Process to reopen Badrinath portals begins
A pitcher filled with sacred sesame oil used for consecration of sacred idols in the sanctorum of Badrinath temple was taken to Yogdhyan Badri temple in Pandukeshwar from Narsingh temple here on Saturday.
It is a key step towards reopening of portals of Badrinath Dham dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
A large number of people gathered at Narsingh temple to witness the age old religious tradition led by Ishwari Prasad Namboodari, the head priest of the holy seat of Aadi Guru Shankracharya and Gadu Ghara.
After a night halt at Pandukeshwar, the Doli (palanquin) of Udhav, elder brother of Badri Narain and Kuber would also join the seat of Shankracharya and would reach Badrinath Dham on April 29.
The portals of Badrinath would open on April 30 at 4:30 am and with it all the four shrines of Chardham would get opened for devotees for the next six months.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- So far 6,119 health workers have been vaccinated in the state. A total of 1,882 health workers were vaccinated on Tuesday in 34 sessions across the state.
- The visitors are commending the concept of the cafe and sharing their tales with of heartbreak.
- Uttarakhand BJP leaders and ministers have been asked to tour their respective districts and areas and interact with party workers and people there.
- This decision was taken after authorities found drivers talking on the phone during safaris or going too close to the wildlife for making videos.
- A labourer carrying an axe rushed to save the elderly woman and attacked the boar. While the boar succumbed to severe injuries, the woman could not be saved.
- Uttarakhand government has requested the Centre for extra vaccines for Mahakumbh fair.
- Thermal screening has also been made compulsory for hotels, dharamshalas, ashrams, guest houses and lodges before they check in pilgrims and tourists.
- Before the epidemic, over 12 crore pilgrims were expected to participate in the four-month-long Mahakumbh.
- According to Akhil Bharatiya Akhada Parishad general secretary Mahant Hari Giri Maharaj, the first bhoomi pujan will be performed at Juna Akhada on January 16.
- The bickering in Uttarakhand Congress over who will lead the party as the chief ministerial candidate in the 2022 assembly polls has come out in the open.
- The focus of the government would be the villages abandoned by its residents in the hills which are popularly known as 'ghost villages'.
- Kumbh Mela Force had sought elite National Security Guards for Kumbh fair keeping in mind the sensitivity of the mega fair and terror threat.
- Yadav reiterated a claim made by a senior party leader that many leaders of the ruling party were contacting Congress leadership for a switch.