Rahul’s Doon visit packed with events
Dehradun: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will reach Dehradun early to participate in two events ahead of addressing a public rally at Parade ground on Sunday.
He will assess the disaster rehabilitation works of previous Congress regimes and meet ex-servicemen to seek their suggestions for the party manifesto, according to Uttarakhand AICC co-in-charge Sanjay Kapoor in Dehradun.
Kapoor reiterated chief minister Harish Rawat’s statement that Rahul’s Dehradun rally would witness a record crowd. Kapoor said hectic preparations are on for Rahul Gandhi’s rally keeping high security demand in view. He informed that party leadership with support from the CM is giving final touches to the agenda for Rahul’s disaster rehabilitation review and ex-servicemen interaction meeting.
Although Kapoor did not disclose names of ex-servicemen who would have the chance to meet Rahul Gandhi but agreed that it would be an exclusive interactive session with a select group of army personnel of the state. However sources in the party claimed that members of ex-servicemen delegation who will interact with AICC vice president is almost final. Rahul will try to feel the pulse of former defence personnel in Uttarakhand in view of union government’s recent on one rank one pension decision for ex-servicemen.
Besides this, he will review rehabilitation and reconstruction works done by the state government in disaster affected areas following mid June 2013 rain deluge. He would try to have comparative picture of government’s efforts in 22 month of Vijay Bahuguna regime and all that have been dome by Harish Rawat government in 23 days.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Uttarakhand government has been seeking Green Bonus as compensation for the conservation of its forests by not expanding the industrial development.
- Indira Hridayesh, Uttarakhand leader of opposition, rubbished the rumours and said that she is in a very important position in Congress.
- The boy's link with the online platform came to light after police officials went through his mobile phone on Wednesday.
- The initiative, Bhuli (sister in Garhwali language) Kanyadan, is the brainchild of Devprayag station house officer.
- Three control rooms will also be made at three UP’s three districts of Muzaffarnagar, Bijnor and Saharanpur bordering Uttarakhand for effective sharing of information and intelligence.
- The HC found that the civil judge had separated the criminal case in his court filed against the accused without there being any valid reason.
- The demand comes months after the Centre decided to discontinue the Centre for Glaciology project in Uttarakhand.
- Among the six bodies, five were found on Saturday late night while one was found on Sunday morning.
- The men belonged to Ratanpura village under Bazpur police station and were on their way to Garjiya temple of Ramnagar in Nainital.
- The leopard dragged her to the forest area and ate her body parts. Her head was found severed from her body.