Admission to colleges for under-graduate courses via online mode this year: West Bengal education minister
West Bengal Education Minister Partha Chatterjee on Wednesday said students will take admission to colleges in the state for under-graduate courses through the online mode this year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The detailed advisory about admission would be issued by the higher education department in early August, Chatterjee told reporters here.
He said results of higher secondary examinations will be announced on July 17, and mark sheets will be available from 52 centres on July 31.
The minister, who spoke hours after the Class-10 board examinations were declared, said students can get admission to their own institution from August 1 to 10 or apply to another school from August 11 to 31.
To a question, Chatterjee said the higher education department is yet to get any reply to the letter by Principal Secretary Manish Jain, voicing the state’s reservations about making it mandatory for final semester students to sit for exams in the present situation.
“We cannot compromise on the issue of students’ safety. Our universities have already decided on the evaluation criteria based on the earlier recommendations of the University Grants Commission in April,” he said.
Chatterjee said department officials had also apprised Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar about the state’s views on the issue and he “voiced concern about the welfare of students”.
The Centre, in an advisory on July 6, had recommended making it mandatory for students to sit for final semester exams offline or online by September 30.
On th lack of placement opportunities to final-year students due to the economic impact of the pandemic, Chatterjee said “we are thinking of approaching the alumni of different higher educational institutions for coming to the help of students in whatever way they can”.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BSEB Class 12th Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) will on Saturday release the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website seniorsecondary.biharboardonline.com.
- SSC CHSL Results: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam 2019 can check their results by visiting ssc.nic.in.
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Friday declared the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) tier 1 exam result 2019 and cutoff marks on its official website-ssc.nic.in.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended the deadline for re-registration for January 2021 session till January 31.
- National Institute of Open Schooling on Friday released class 10th, 12th admit card for January/February 2021 exams. Candidates who are registered for the exams can download their admit card from the official website at nios.ac.in.
- The online application window for Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) recruitment for the posts of graduate engineer apprentice (GEA) and Technical Diploma Apprentice (TA), will close on January 15
- IBPS PO Result 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee CRP-X prelims examination on its official website at ibps.in.
- JKSSB Recruitment: The online registration window of the Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) recruitment for District/Divisional/UT Cadre posts of various departments under provisions of the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services will close on Saturday, January 16, 2021.
- NTA on Thursday released an official notice alerting the applicants of JEE Main 2021 against some unscrupulous elements who have created a fake website - jeeguide.co.in in the name of JEE Main 2021 through which online application and fee payments are being solicited from the aspirants.