Govt teacher dies of COVID in Ludhiana; 12 colleagues, 3 students test positive
A 48-year-old government school teacher, who had tested positive for COVID-19, died at a private hospital here on Saturday, following which her 12 colleagues and three students also returned positive results, an official said.
Schools in the state reopened for classes 5 to 12 from January 7 after a government order.
The deceased teacher taught maths at the Government Senior Secondary School Galib Klan in Jagraon.
Additional Deputy Commissioner Neeru Katyal said 12 teachers and three students of the school have tested positive for the infection.
The school has now been shut and the samples of other students and the staff were being taken for testing, he said.
The Punjab government had recently decided to reopen schools for students of classes 5 to 12 from January 7.
State Education minister Vijay Inder Singla had said the decision was taken following a persistent demand by parents.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on Thursday congratulated 12 Indian Institutions on securing position in top 100 in the QS Subject Rankings for the year 2021.
- The Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) on Wednesday released the Admit Cards for candidates appearing in Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for recruitment to the post of Police sub inspector, Police Sergeant and Assistant Superintendent Jail.
- The minister was replying to the debate on his department’s budgetary demand of ₹38,035 crore, which was passed by the Bihar Vidhan Sabha
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the civil services preliminary examination 2021.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Thursday, March 4 released the official notification for the civil services preliminary examination 2021.
- Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission (HPSSC) on Wednesday, March 3 declared the result of written objective type screening test for recruitment of Medical Laboratory Technician (Grade-II)