All 435 students of 31st batch of IIM Lucknow placed in record 3 days
Demonetisation and corporate lay-offs notwithstanding, the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM-L) has once again achieved 100% placements for its 31st batch of 435 students in record three days’ time.
Over 170 domestic and international companies participated in the recruitment drive.
The top four segments based on roles offered were sales and marketing, finance, consulting and business development, including some extremely sought after and niche profiles in the finance domain.
The remaining offers came from domains such as operations/supply chain, general management, systems/IT, market research, analytics and human resource.
The highlight of placement season was participation of companies like EMAAR, McKinsey & Company, o3 Capital and The Boston Consulting Group. The participation of these firms also marked the ascent of IIM-L as a preferred recruitment destination for marketing, finance and consulting roles in the country.
Some of the top recruiters across different sectors were Accenture, Aditya Birla Group, Amazon, Avendus, Goldman Sachs, Hindustan Unilever, McKinsey & Company, TAS and The Boston Consulting Group.
“First-time recruiters include Clinton Health Access Initiative, EMAAR, and Societe Generale. International profiles were offered by Capgemini, EMAAR, MH Alshaya, UAE Exchange and Olam International,” said Prof Prakash Singh, Chairman Placements, at IIM-L.
Top segments based on roles offered were sales and marketing (26%), finance (23%), consulting (22%), e-commerce (8%), systems/IT (12%) and general management (9%). Offers came from domains such as finance, market research, analytics, business development, social media marketing and HR.
FMCG/consumer goods/telecom/digital media sector
In sectors like FMCG, consumer goods, telecom, and digital media, top firms that took part in the drive included Airtel, Colgate Palmolive, Dr Reddy’s, GSK, Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Marico, P&G, Pepsi, Samsung, Star TV and United Breweries. In addition to traditional sales and marketing roles, these firms offered opportunities in supply chain management, IT, corporate finance, HR and analytics, some of them being exclusive roles for IIM-Lucknow.
A number of international firms in banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector offered a diverse set of profiles. The campus secured its position as a potential recruiting destination amongst premium recruiters. Firms such as Amex, Altisource, Avendus Capital, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citibank, DBS, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, ICICI Bank, Kotak Investment Banking, o3 Capital and Societe Generale participated in the drive. Major roles were in front end investment banking, global markets, investment research, corporate/wholesale/retail banking, market research, trading, and operations.
Consulting and general management sector
In the consulting domain, Accenture, Alvarez & Marsal, Avalon Consulting, Capgemini and Feedback Infra made offers, with Accenture, The Boston Consulting Group and McKinsey and Company being the top three recruiters.
In general management domain, the participants included Aditya Birla Group (ABG), Airtel, Lodha Group, Mahindra and Mahindra, RPG and TAS.
ABG, TAS and Mahindra and Mahindra were the highest recruiters in this domain.
Some of the firms from IT/e-commerce/technology sectors included Amazon, Cloudtail, Paytm, Rivigo, Uber and Wipro. These firms opened not only IT/systems profiles but also roles such as category management, sales enablement, business development, supply chain management, product marketing, strategic alliances, program manager and analytics.
The institute has created history yet again by placing one of the largest IIM batch in just over three days. This performance has once again stamped the authority of IIM-Lucknow in the wake of a volatile market.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has invited applications for recruitment against 26 vacancies for Stenographer, Research Assistant and other posts.
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya on Wednesday released admit card for Class 9th entrance exam- JNVST 2021
- The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will on Wednesday release the admit card for the RRB phase 3 non-technical popular category (NTPC) recruitment exam.
- The Comptroller of Auditor General (CAG) has invited applications for recruitment against over ten thousand vacancies for auditor and accountants.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has issued the admit cards of entrance test to admit students in Class IX against the vacant seats.
- The Education minister will discuss the changes to be incorporated in the CBSE curriculum and the school processes from the academic session 2021-22.
- The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) on Wednesday announced that it will reschedule the 2021 Law School Admission Test (LSAT) India
- Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) will close the application window for Post Graduate Diploma in rural management admission test on January 31.