Initiative at Garhwal varsity to evaluate economic impact of women working in hills: Pokhriyal
The new initiative - Indian Himalayan Central University Consortium (IHCUC) - launched by NITI Aayog at Garhwal university will evaluate economic impact of women workers in the hilly regions of the Himalayan states, union education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank said at the convocation ceremony of the university on Tuesday.
“The consortium should work on agro-ecology of Himalayan states with special reference to marketing; development of affordable and environmentally friendly tourism in hilly areas; creation of employment opportunities for migration control from mountainous regions. This will help evaluate the economic impact of women working in the hills,” Pokhriyal said.
He asked vice-chancellors of the Himalayan universities to undertake research in Hill Agriculture, Horticulture, Herb Production, Floriculture, Organic Agriculture, Eco-tourism, and Technology. This would produce the sources of livelihood in Himalaya.
Hemvati Nandan Garhwal University in Pauri Garhwal celebrated its 8th convocation on Tuesday. Pokhriyal was the chief guest at the event.
This year, 155 students registered for online convocation of which 72 students were awarded Ph.D., 59 gold medals were awarded to the toppers in various subjects.
Vice-chancellor Prof Annapurna Nautiyal said, “This year, the university decided to have the convocation through an online medium to promote an academic spirit despite the Covid-19 global epidemic. Despite various geographical disparities and resource shortages, the university has successfully converted the challenges arising out of Covid-19 into an opportunity by using online mediums.”
Talking about research and educational activities, the vice-chancellor said establishment of the Indian Himalayan Central Universities’ Consortium (IHCUC) in 2020 under the coordinator-ship of the HNB Garhwal University to conduct five multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional thematic studies sponsored by NITI Aayog, New Delhi, is a great leap to promote the idea of ‘One Himalaya’.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As per the notification, the commission will be conducting a total of 16 recruitment examination from January to December 2021.
- Candidates who have not yet submitted their application forms can apply online at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The last date to pay the registration fee is January 24, 2021.
- Interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at sssb.punjab.gov.in on or before February 11, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the recruitment examination can download their admit cards online at kpsc.kar.nic.in.
- Once the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) will be able to check their results online at icsi.edu.
- Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) has declared the sub-inspector mains result 2019 on its official website.
- Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE) on Saturday released the datesheet for class 5,8,9,11 exams. The HPBOSE datesheet can be downloaded from the official website- hpbose.org.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) on Saturday released the IIFT-MBA (IB) admit card for the session 2021-23
- Bihar School Education Board will on Saturday declare the Simultala Awasiya Vidyalaya (SAV) class 6th prelims entrance exam result. Candidates who have appeared for the SAV class 6th prelims entrance exam on December 17 will be able to check their results online at secondary.biharboardonline.com