Schools in Delhi not opening for now: Kejriwal
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday ruled out reopening of schools in the national capital for now. “Schools are not reopening for now,” Kejriwal told reporters on sidelines of an event. The government had earlier announced that schools will continue to remain closed till October 31 in view of COVID-19 pandemic. Universities and schools across the country have been closed since March 16, when the Centre announced a countrywide classroom shutdown as part of the measures to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.
A nationwide lockdown was imposed on March 25. While several restrictions have been eased in different phases of “unlock”, educational institutions continue to remain closed. However, as per “unlock” phase guidelines, states can take a call about reopening schools in phases.
Earlier, schools were allowed to call students from class 9 to 12 to school on voluntary basis from September 21. However, the Delhi government decided against it.
Talking about AAP government’s decision to not pay for CBSE examination fees this year, Kejriwal cited fund crunch due to the pandemic.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions through a prescribed format on or before February 28, 2021.
- After the correction window opens, candidates who have registered for the JEE Mains 2021 will be able to make corrections in their application forms online at jeemain.nta.nic.in on or before January 30, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the typing test can download their admit card online at gjust.ac.in.
- Candidates who have appeared in the recruitment examination can take a print out of the final answer key online at ssc.nic.in on or before February 24, 2021.
- Candidates who have qualified in the IBPS PO Prelims Exam can download their admit card for IBPS PO mains online at ibps.in on or before February 4, 2021.
- Candidates who have applied for admission can check the AP EAMCET second phase allotment result 2020 online at apeamcet.nic.in.
- Patnaik had launched the "Mo School" campaign in November 2017 in response to philanthropic interest from alumni of schools of Odisha, residing in India and abroad.
- Universities need to explore the uncharted path and innovative methods when it comes to pedagogy, and playing the role of facilitators in a student's journey of finding their goals and preparing them for their future.