UPSC Results 2019: Ankita of Rohtak stayed away from social media for 2 years to crack exam, bags AIR 14
Ankita Choudhry, a resident of Meham town in Rohtak district, bagged the all-India rank 14 in the civil services exam, the results of which were declared by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Friday evening.
Choudhry did her schooling from Indus Public School in Rohtak and then went on to pursue BSc from Hindu College, Delhi University. She pursued MSc from Indian Institutes of Technology, Delhi. She was given a grand welcome by residents in Meham on Saturday.
Choudhry’s father, Satyawan, works as an accountant at a sugar mill in Rohtak. Her mother had passed away in a road accident four years ago.
Choudhry said this was her second attempt in the exam. She said she stayed off social media for two years to achieve the results. Satyawan said her daughter had been an all-rounder since school days. "She used to top in studies and was active in sports and cultural activities. She has made the entire family proud,” he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has invited applications for recruitment against 26 vacancies for Stenographer, Research Assistant and other posts.
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya on Wednesday released admit card for Class 9th entrance exam- JNVST 2021
- The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will on Wednesday release the admit card for the RRB phase 3 non-technical popular category (NTPC) recruitment exam.
- The Comptroller of Auditor General (CAG) has invited applications for recruitment against over ten thousand vacancies for auditor and accountants.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has issued the admit cards of entrance test to admit students in Class IX against the vacant seats.
- The Education minister will discuss the changes to be incorporated in the CBSE curriculum and the school processes from the academic session 2021-22.
- The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) on Wednesday announced that it will reschedule the 2021 Law School Admission Test (LSAT) India
- Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) will close the application window for Post Graduate Diploma in rural management admission test on January 31.