Alia shows sorority love, congratulates Shraddha on Ek Villain
In Bollywood, catfights and rivalries among actresses are not uncommon. But it looks like the younger generation of leading ladies would rather stay away from such things.
In the latest instance of bonding between two ‘rivals’, we have got to know that Alia Bhatt reached out to Shraddha Kapoor to congratulate her on her performance in a recently released film. Since both actresses joined the film industry around the same time, they are often touted as each other’s competition.
Read:Young stars taking over Bollywood
“Alia watched Shraddha’s latest film recently and was impressed by her performance in it. So she phoned her and congratulated her,” says a source.
Apparently, both actors spoke at length about their films and career. “Alia’s call came as a pleasant surprise to her. Contrary to rumours, both of them share a cordial relationship with each other,” adds the insider. Apparently, the two actresses even bonded at their common friend Varun Dhawan’s party recently.
While Shraddha couldn’t be reached for a comment, her spokesperson confirmed the news.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.