Bhumi Pednekar on being trolled on social media: ‘If I listen to that one bad opinion then I have to be really stupid’
Protected by the veil of anonymity, online trolls often target celebrities and say the nastiest of things about them. Bhumi Pednekar admitted that when she started out in Bollywood, the negativity would get to her. However, over time, she realised that her happiness lay in her own hands.
Bhumi said that if she paid heed to the one negative comment among so many more compliments, she would be ‘really stupid’. She added that she has learnt to shrug off the trolling.
On Kareena Kapoor Khan’s chat show What Women Want, Bhumi said, “When I had started off, I would get affected by it because there are people that don't have the nicest things to say and you don't really understand the medium very well. You are like, 'Oh my God, why are people getting so personal?' But now, I don't really care. I have realised that my happiness depends on me.”
“If I listen to that one bad opinion then I have to be really stupid because I have ten people telling me really good things. Maybe early on, I tried looking for validation through my Instagram or social media but now I don't do it. I feel like our world is actually very large, especially for actors. When you see a film that does so well at the box office, it doesn't really tally with your social media numbers. Or vice versa. I don’t take it seriously,” she added.
Currently, Bhumi is shooting in Dehradun for Badhaai Do, a standalone sequel to 2018 hit Badhaai Ho. She will play a PT teacher in the film, which is directed by Harshvardhan Kulkarni and also stars Rajkummar Rao as a cop. She has been sharing pictures from the sets on Instagram, introducing their characters, Sumi and Shardul.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.