Kangana Ranaut on designing her own attire for National Film Award event. 'Didn’t have enough money'
Kangana Ranaut has revealed she designed her own attire for the ceremony where she received her first National Film Award, which she won for her role in the 2008 Fashion. She was responding to a fanpage which shared a picture of her receiving the award from then President Pratibha Patil.
Reacting to the fan post, Kangana wrote on Twitter, "First National award, Many special memories attached to this, I was one of the youngest actresses to receive the honour, also for a woman centric film from a woman President. I designed my own suit didn’t have enough money to buy something special, the suit wasn’t bad...nahin ?"
The actor is seen in a black, ethnic anarkali suit and smiling as she receives the certificate from then President. She was conferred with the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role of Shonali Gujral in Fashion. The film was directed by Madhur Bhandarkar and also had Priyanka Chopra and Mugdha Godse as the other female leads.
Kangana is currently shooting for Dhaakad in Madhya Pradesh. She recently dropped the first look poster of the action-thriller featuring her as Agent Agni. The actor also announced that the movie will be released in theatres on October 1, 2021.
The 'Queen' star took to Instagram and unveiled the dark poster featuring her in a ferocious avatar. "She is fearless and Fiery! She is Agent Agni. India's first female-led action thriller, #Dhaakad, releasing in theatres on 1st October 2021!" she wrote.
Earlier, in an interview with ANI, Kangana revealed that she will be portraying the role of an officer in the film, which is based on the issues of child trafficking and crimes against women. Dhaakad' is being helmed by Razneesh Ghai and produced by Sohail Maklai.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.