Masaba Gupta says she's seen 'kids who're bad at their jobs being told they're kings and queens', thanks mom Neena
- Masaba Gupta has thanked her mother, actor Neena Gupta, for keeping her grounded. "I have seen kids who are really bad at what they do, being told that they are kings and queens," she said.
Designer-actor Masaba Gupta has credited her mother, actor Neena Gupta, for keeping her tethered to reality. After a successful career as a fashion designer, Masaba made her acting debut in the comedy drama series Masaba Masaba, in which she played a version of herself, opposite her mother.
In an interview, she said that she'd seen so many kids who are told that they are great at what they do, when in fact they aren't. She said that her mother made sure that she was realistic in her approach.
Asked how her relationship with Neena has evolved through the making of the show, Masaba told Mid-Day, "I discovered one thing about my mother that she is not the typical mom. I mean it in the best way possible, because I have seen kids who are really bad at what they do, being told that they are kings and queens of their respective professions, by their mothers."
She continued, "There is nothing more damaging to a child than that, because your child has no connection with reality. Your child will grow up to think that they know everything, when none of us do. My mother has made me somebody who is very grounded and in touch with reality."
She concluded by teasing season two of the show, which she said that she couldn't reveal much about. Masaba also said that after the show, she would want to diversify as an actor, and perhaps play a cop.
Follow @htshowbiz fore more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.