Varun Dhawan, Natasha Dalal plan to tie the knot at this resort in Alibaug, see pics of their wedding venue
Actor Varun Dhawan and fashion designer Natasha Dalal are all set to tie the knot on January 24 in Mumbai. It will be the next big Bollywood wedding, and as per various reports, the wedding venue is in Alibaug.
The buzz around Varun's wedding has been on for a while now. However, the same was only confirmed recently when his uncle Anil spoke about it.
As per a report in Pinkvilla, the couple will marry at a beach resort in Alibaug named The Mansion House. Reportedly, the toss was between Tropicana Resort & Spa and The Mansion House but, it appears, the couple went with the latter.
As per the report, the two families will leave for the venue on January 22. However, on Thursday, a chunni ceremony is scheduled to be held at Natasha's home. It is a Punjabi wedding ritual where the groom's family visits the bride's home and gifts her the wedding outfit, bridal chunni and, later, the elders bless her.
Speaking to Spotboye, Varun's uncle Anil had confirmed the wedding date: "My nephew Varun is getting married on 24 January. I am looking forward to it."
Varun and Natasha have known each other since Class 6 but began dating each other much later. Speaking on Kareena Kapoor Khan’s chat show What Women Want, he had said that he ‘felt like (he) fell in love with her’ when he saw her for the first time in school. He pursued her later and got rejected several times as well.
On the work front, Varun was seen in his father David Dhawan's reboot of 1995 hit Coolie No 1. Varun was paired with Sara Ali Khan. The original had starred Govinda and Karisma Kapoor as the lead. Towards the end of last year, Varun had been busy shooting for his upcoming film, Jug Jugg Jeeyo. He will be paired with Kiara Advani in the film, which also stars Anil Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut has posted a video from the sets of Tejas in which she can be seen training on a net. She plays an Indian Air Force pilot in the film.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan tied the knot in 2012. At the time, Brad Pitt wished the couple 'all the luck' on their marriage.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.