Men buy more lingerie than women: Neha Dhupia
Neha Dhupia may not have too many box office hits to her credit, but the actor is now getting plenty of hits on her latest online enterprise. The former Miss India, known for her fashion sense, has now proved to be a smart businesswoman as well.
Taking about her retail website, she says, “I started an online business called Herstyle.in in November 2011 to sell lingerie. I was amused to hear rumours that I was planning to launch a clothing line. I never had any such plans but there were numerous reports about it.”
Ask her why she chose to sell women’s lingerie and she says, “There are very few lingerie websites for women in India, and most don’t have a variety of options. Everyone is selling stuff online like clothes, shoes, bags, air tickets and so on. Lingerie is essential too. Every woman needs it, so why not?” The actor, along with her team of designers, handpicks lingerie styles for her website. Talking about a surprise revelation on the job, she says, “I saw statistics that say men buy more lingerie than women.”
Neha reveals that she hopes to expand her business now.
“I plan to bring out new products and ideas,” she says, adding, “But I can’t share them now as someone might get ‘inspired’ and crack it before me. I am going to be a smart businesswoman and keep my mouth shut.”
Ask her why she kept the news about her venture quiet, and she says, “I am not the boastful kind and I don’t believe in tom-tomming plans without action like many other stars. It is easy to talk big, but tough to prove your worth. I don’t want to be an empty vessel making sounds.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Even though Prince Harry and Meghan Markle admitted to having watched Netflix's The Crown, the show's creator, Peter Morgan, had previously said that he has no intention of telling their story on the series.
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.