Sanjay Dutt's parole extended till March 20
The administration on Tuesday extended the parole of Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt by another 30 days, thus allowing him to stay outside the bars for four months out of the total 10 months since his conviction was upheld by the Supreme Court.
"Dutt has been granted extension in his parole by another 30 days for his
," Pune divisional commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh told Hindustan Times in a text message.
Sanjay Dutt, who is serving a 42-month sentence at Yerwada jail since May 16 for the illegal possession of arms in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts case, was granted
based on his application in which he had cited wife Manyata’s illness as reason for relief.
Manyata is reported to be suffering from multiple ailments pertaining to liver and heart.
, whose younger sister Priya is a member of Congress and a Lok Sabha MP, was first granted parole on December 21, barely one-and-half months after he was allowed to go on furlough leave for a month on medical grounds for the treatment of his legs.
Just when he was supposed to go back to Yerwada prison on January 21 after a month-long parole, the administration extended his parole till February 21 to allow him to stay by wife’s side when she underwent surgery.
Dutt’s ongoing parole will last till March 20.
Deshmukh clarified that this will be his last extension of this year as the convict can avail 90 days parole, according to the rules. "As per the rules, this is going to be Dutt’s
leave of the current year," said Deshmukh.
The decision to grant extension in the parole of
was taken by the divisional commissioner following the receipt of a positive report from the Khar police station, said officials at the divisional commissionerate.
In response to actor’s request for extension in parole, the Khar police received a “positive reply” from the three-member doctors panel from JJ Hospital, mentioning several pointers about
In the first week of May this year, Dutt surrendered before the special TADA court in Mumbai following his conviction under the Arms Act in the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blast case.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Tiger Shroff, mom Ayesha Shroff, sister Krishna Shroff and rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani came together for the actor's birthday dinner.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Shraddha Kapoor turns 34 on Wednesday and to celebrate we are revisiting the time she told her father, Shakti Kapoor, how proud she was of him.
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.