Shah Rukh Khan takes Kolkata Knight Riders' defeats personally
Shah Rukh Khan's team Kolkata Knight Riders won the IPL last year. Admitting that he takes Kolkata Knight Riders' defeats "personally", superstar Shah Rukh Khan on Sunday stressed that the Indian Premier League(IPL) matches have been a learning experience for him and his children.
"I got to learn a lot (from IPL)...to learn how to lose but not become losers. My children have also learnt a lot. They haven't learnt that much from my profession. But this completely uncontrolled, unbridled excitement,ups and downs and not knowing what's happening has taught them to be better people. So I thank IPL," Shah Rukh told a TV channel while promoting his forthcoming release Chennai Express.
Conceding to missing most of his team's matches in the series, he said he has to juggle with the entertainment aspect in both cricket and films.
"I couldn't come (to Eden Gardens). I was shooting my film and am injured too...I wanted to complete the movie.. I had a choice though. People would have been happy anyway watching the league matches,whether I am present or absent. Or if my film comes out, people will be happy watching it too. I have to balance it out between cricket's entertainment and film's entertainment," said Shah Rukh, whose Chennai Express comes out on August 8.
The Bollywood baadshah admitted feeling "really sad" when his team, KKR, does not perform to expectations. "I missed all the matches...specially we didn't make it to the play offs. We are the defending champions. When my team was not doing well, I feel really sad. I take it personally in terms of my emotions...in terms of my children because I feel their life's learnings are through this IPL," he said.
Of the 16 IPL matches KKR played, the team won six and lost 10, thereby ruining its chances of qualifying for the play-offs this season.
Eden Gardens hosted the final of the sixth edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) between two-time champions Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians on Sunday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Prince Harry has defended criticisms against Netflix's The Crown, and has also revealed whom he'd like to see portray him on the show, based on his family.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- WandaVision dropped its eighth episode and it has left Marvel Cinematic Universe fans emotional. Here's how they have reacted.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Nikki Tamboli opened up about steam-ironing her ex-boyfriend's boxers in Bigg Boss 14 and said that it was not an attempt to grab eyeballs. She added that she was 'genuinely' missing him.