Priyanka Mohan likely to be paired with Suriya for Pandiraj’s film
Actor Priyanka Mohan, who recently made her Tamil debut with upcoming dark comedy Doctor, is all set to team up with Suriya next for his upcoming yet-untitled film with director Pandiraj. The film is expected to go on the floors from February.
Priyanka will with Suriya for the first time. She’s best known for her work in Telugu crime comedy Gang Leader.
A Times of India report states that Priyanka has been signed for Suriya’s next film with director Pandiraj.
“The film will be a rural action entertainer and the team was looking at an actress who could perform, as well as look the part. They have zeroed in on Priyanka. The pre-production work is on in full swing, and the idea is to go on floors in February. The makers are finalising the shoot locations as well, and an official announcement should be made soon.” A source was quoted in the report.
On the career front, Suriya has multiple projects in his kitty. He was recently seen in Tamil biographical drama, Soorarai Pottru, which skipped theatrical release and premiered on Amazon Prime directly. The film was based on the life of Captain GR Gopinath of Air Deccan.
Suriya recently completed shooting for upcoming Netflix original film Navarasa. This project marks Suriya’s reunion with director Gautham Menon after many years. They had previously worked together in Tamil films Kaakha Kaakha and Vaaranam Aayiram.
Navarasa is a joint venture between Netflix India and filmmaker Mani Ratnam, who is bankrolling the project along with filmmaker Jayendra. The film will feature nine shorts directed by nine filmmakers on the theme of nine ‘rasas’. The project marks the digital debut of actors Suriya and Vijay Sethupathi.
Suriya also has a film each with filmmakers Vetrimaaran and Siva. While Vetrimaaran’s film will be based on the book Vaadivasal by CS Chellappa, Siva’s film is expected to be a rural actioner.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nenjam Marappathillai review: What’s refreshing about the film is that it is devoid of all the usual stereotypes one could associate with horror movies.
- Malavika Mohanan shared several behind the scene pictures from the making of Master on completion of the film's 50 days in theatres.
- Aishwaryaa Dhanush took to Instagram and shared a picture with her son Lingaa and urged followers to wear a mask.
Malavika Mohanan: I find it annoying when people put Bollywood at a higher pedestal than other film industries
- Shruti Haasan has shared a few adorable pictures with her superstar father Kamal Haasan on Instagram.
- Dhanush's upcoming movie Jagame Thandhiram skips the theatres for an OTT release. The movie is set to stream on Netflix India and the teaser has been released.
- Suriya has tested negative to Covid 19. His producer friend Rajsekar Pandian tweeted to share the news. Ealier this month, the actor had tweeted to inform that he had contracted the virus.
- Actor Siddharth, of Rang De Basanti fame, had a heated exchange on Twitter with a person who abused him.
- Rajinikanth paid a visit to Ilayaraja’s new music studio in Chennai.
- Nidhhi Agerwal was in for a shock when she came to know that her fans in Chennai had built a temple in her name. She has done only two films in Tamil so far.
- Kutty Story is a cocktail of love stories with some quirky twists. Except for Nalan’s refreshing short on male insecurity in a marriage, other shorts come across as promising but never work wholesomely.
- Care of Kaadhal is one of those films that leave you with a rewarding experience only if you’ve patiently waited for the end, and the way the stories culminate makes for a moving experience.
- Suriya, who tested positive for Covid-19 earlier this month, has returned home and will self-isolate for a few days. His brother, Karthi, shared the update on Twitter.