Was Julia Roberts responsible in part for half sister's alleged suicide?
Days before Julia Roberts' half sister Nancy Motes died of an alleged drug overdose which may be a suicide, she had called the Hollywood star cruel and a b**** in her tweets and accused her of 'abandoning' her.Updated: Feb 12, 2014 20:11 IST
Nancy Motes, the half sister of Oscar-winning actress Julia Roberts, sounded disturbed about her fractured relationship with the Hollywood superstar and her mother days before her death due to alleged drug overdose, reported Mail Online.
Nancy Motes, 37, was found dead in a bathtub full of water at a Los Angeles residence on Sunday, LA County coroner spokesman Captain John Kades said on Monday.
Prescription drugs were found at the residence, which was not Motes's home. Kades said nothing has been ruled out, including an accidental drug overdose or a suicidal overdose. He added that indications of a suicide note had been found at the residence. Later reports said Motes have left notes for her family members.
Motes was the daughter of Betty Lou, Roberts' mother, and stepfather Michael Motes.
She gave an unflattering interview about the Pretty Woman star last year where she accused her of not allowing Motes to meet with their sick mother.
The sisters reportedly had a fallout after that which was reflected in Motes' Twitter account days before her death. In one tweet on January 20, she said, "So my 'sister' said that with all her friends & fans she doesn't need any more love. Just so you all know 'America's Sweetheart' is a B----!!"
Sounding increasingly disturbed, she said in a later tweet, "Do you want to be a fan of someone so cruel? She's not even that good of an actress. Happy you totally F---ed with me?"
Her January 22 tweet said, "(M)y own family has abandoned me."
The tweets were posted from her handle @Dabbs76 and have been removed now.
A statement issued by Roberts' office after Motes' death said, "It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose," the statement said. "The family is both shocked and devastated."
First Published: Feb 12, 2014 14:23 IST