As exclusive as it gets
To make exclusivity even more ‘exclusive’, private previews for the super-rich are on before the merchandise reaches the merely very rich. The aim is to raise the level of services offered to the VVIP clients — most of them from the business segment — giving them access to clothing and accessories which haven’t yet reached luxury retail.
Hugo Boss, Jean Paul Gaultier and Moschino organise previews which are like elite tea parties. Designer Hemant Sagar has introduced a loyalty card for chosen clients. At these previews, sale attendants personally tell each guest about the look that would suit them and suggest accessories to complete the ensemble.
For a few only
For a first look at the new collection from Lecoanet Hemant, the label set up by Sagar and Didier Lecoanet, the clients don’t even need to come to the store. “We will send a card to a few important clients with a personal invitation,” says Sagar. “After they accept it, we will send the clothing and accessories to their doorstep — six months in advance.” Such top exclusive previews have already begun in India. The spokesperson of the Murjani group, which has brought Jimmy Choo, Gucci and Bottega Venetta to India, says, “Such initiatives help our brands to directly reach the consumer.”
Harish Chandra, brand manager, Hugo Boss India, states, “Previews convey the essence of a collection to our target clientele.” Charu Sachdev of TSG group, which represents Gaultier and Ferragamo in India, concurs. The previews are held twice a year, before each season. They are cheese-and-wine parties, but serious business is generated here. Chandra says, “We call around 40-50 top clients, who must be the first to own the new Boss jacket. Such initiatives are indeed profitable.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Snuggle but with fashion and Mira Rajput Kapoor, in a knit cape with a high neck, shows us how to keep the finger firmly placed on the sartorial pulse this cosy winter season
- Sara Ali Khan leaves fashionistas in awe of her classy feminine style and flirty edge in a red and navy blue checkered cocktail dress with a flattering side draping and we can’t help swooning either
- Another day, another sultry look by Karisma Kapoor and we can’t help but prepare a sartorial diary to recreate her killer styles for our next date night with bae. Want to send the fashion police on red alert? Check out the diva’s puff-sleeved dress
- Milan Fashion Week 2021: Miuccia Prada, Raf Simonsosy, Fendi, Ermenegildo Zegna and even K-Way establish that comfortable indoor-wear leaves its mark on outdoor styles for menswear autumn-winter collection
- Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor are currently holidaying in Goa and the mother-of-two is flaunting her enviable curves in some of the most fabulous beach wear. Their pictures are making us crave for a vacation as well.
- Tandav star Saif Ali Khan turns cover boy for a magazine and his latest pictures in a teal blue bandhgala are fashion goals for men to break away yet embrace the mundane with naturalism
- Hina Khan is having a gala time on her trip. The fashionista has been giving us great brunch date look ideas. She has been snapped in some of the the most impressive ensembles and we are getting inspired.
- Sara Ali Khan's latest leather look teaches us how to brave the winter and look badass while doing it. The Simmba actor is a fashionista in the truest sense.
- On Sunday, Prada unveiled their latest collection - anti-uniform which is an ode to our new intimacy in our ever-tighter circles: luxury long-johns, digitally.
- Athiya Shetty has been making us dream of an endless summer to far flung places and her sizzling fashionable looks, in floral or fancy dresses that flaunt effortless silhouettes and celebrate the feminine figure, are to be blamed
- NBA coaches' casual dressing, during the league at Walt Disney World in Florida, inspires basketball coaches across America to eschew the traditional game day attire of coats, ties and dress slacks in favour of polos, quarter-zips and warmup pants as comfort over style becomes the new fashion trend
- Khushi Kapoor is currently holidaying in Delhi and giving us winter wardrobe inspiration. The 20-year-old has been spotted wearing a lot of delicate crop sweaters and wide-legged pants.
- Nora Fatehi, who is currently holidaying in Dubai, has been serving us some royal looks lately. Her recent statement-making kaftan dress is fit for a queen and we love it.
- Anne Hathaway forgoes the traditional red carpet premiere of her film ‘Locked Down’ but treats fans to a slew of luxurious looks in three dazzling metallic gowns from Vivienne Westwood, Versace and Azzaro and we can’t stop swooning
- Samantha Akkineni recently slayed in a denim midi dress at the promotions of her upcoming web series, The Family Man. The actor flaunted her enviable curves in the distressed bodycon outfit.