Beauty: Pluses and Minuses
* It's not a 9-5 desk job. It never gets boring as you are constantly creating and innovating new looks as per different clients' need and wants.
* There is tremendous scope to grow and one could be earning a six-figure income within 2-3 years in the profession.
* Apart from the fame and glamour of the profession, there are great travel opportunities, both for training and education as well as work.
* There are health hazards as it's a strenuous job requiring you to be on your feet for 8-10 hours straight. Excessive use of hands and fingers can also lead to injuries.
* You have to be willing to work on weekends - the busiest days for a hairstylist.
* If you freelance for movie shoots, television serials, fashion shows etc; be prepared for hectic schedules and erratic working hours.