Beauty secrets: The ultimate guide to get your make-up right
If it done right, make-up can enhance your natural beauty. We get experts to give tips on contouring and how to apply the primer, lipstick and mascara.fashion and trends Updated: Feb 16, 2018 11:00 IST
Make-up can do wonders for your face. But, if you get the proportions wrong or overdo it, it can be a disaster. If you keep certain basics in mind, you can get your make-up on point. Rozar Lobo, make-up artiste, The Body Shop India, Reena Chhabra, CEO at Nykaa Beauty and Bindiya Gupta, beauty expert at Organic Harvest share some tips:
* Cleanse your skin with organic products. Follow the skin-care regime (cleansing-toning-moisturising). Use a brightening scrub and cast off the dull skin. Pamper your face with a hydrating face mask which will improve the quality of your skin. Remove the dead skin using a lip scuff for a smooth effect and then apply a nourishing lip balm before you apply lip colour. Don’t forget your hair as it is equally important, so go to a good hair spa.
* Use a matte primer to make a perfect base for your make-up and conceal the imperfections with the right kind of concealer. Dab the foundation closest to your skin shade. A cushion foundation is a new trend you could try. Or you can use your existing liquid foundation with a make-up brush or sponge. Wait till it settles. Take two shades of compact — one lighter and one darker. The lighter one is for the T- zone and the darker one for the C-zone to get the perfect sculpted look.
* For the cheeks, contour with a shade adjusting the drop with a blusher brush on the hollow of the cheek. To make your contour intense, use a bronzing powder on it. To make your look more natural, apply an all-in-one blush. To create perfect gradation, highlight the cheek bone with a honey bronzer using the shade according to your skin shade. With the help of a fan brush, apply shimmer on the temples of your face.
* For your eyes, enhance the eye shadow with an instant matte eye base prior to the eye shadow. Conceal the under eyes and lid with appropriate colour. Use a gold colour stick on the eyelids and over it add an earthy brown shade on the outer corner of the eye. Blend it well with a blender brush. For the inner eye corner, use a brighter eye shadow. Use a shimmer wave for brow bone highlighting.
* Line your upper lids with a black gel liner and fill the waterline and blend it with a bright eye shadow in the lower lash line to get the smokey effect. Finish the eyes by using a good lasting mascara and groom the brows with a definer and apply transparent mascara to fix it.
* Before the application of the lipstick, prepare your lips with the lip primer. Apply a long lasting lip crayon. Prep your nails with a bright gel nail lacquer as it not only gives a good finish but also lasts long.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Feb 16, 2018 10:57 IST