Chic, comfy, classy!
Nostalgia is always comforting. Trends that take us back in time keep resurfacing, reviving the fashionable memories of that era. This time, it is eyewear chains. Borrowing from the 70’s, this style injects a dose of vintage in our wardrobes this season. International fashion houses such as Burberry, Celine, Gucci, Fendi, Stella Mccartney have experimented with eyewear chains. Rolling back home, the runway here also saw sunglasses paired with chic chains. Is the trend here to stay?
“Chains with glasses are practical, fun, and make a very stylish statement without seeming over the top. But as is the case with most trends, it remains to be seen how long they remain ‘in’ for,” says jewellery designer Eishita Puri. Jewellery designer Ayushi Kanoi says they are a fun option to go for. “Chains with glasses were fashionable back in the day but was a fad that moved on and now it might be returning. It looks fun, quirky, and very stylish, says Kanoi
When buying these chains, what to keep in mind? “Durability of the chain. You don’t want a chain that’s too flimsy because it may break easily with prolonged use. At the same time, you want a chain that will be easy to pair with different glasses and that can be effortlessly styled with various looks,” says Puri.
How to style
You can style them with anything and everything. Wear it like Gigi Hadid casually for an errand tour. Or wear it with a blazer and shirt for a more formal look. If planning a beach holiday, sunglasses with chain will look great with printed kaftans.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra recently showed how to slay a formal look with a Work From Home twist in a beautiful blue shirt worth ₹17k.
- For a recent shoot, Mira Rajput donned a beautiful yellow sundress that was adorned with intricate floral print. The fashionista looked absolutely breathtaking in the dress and we are bookmarking it.
- One of Priyanka Chopra's Work From Home looks garnered more attention than the rest. Her fans loved her dark copper coloured formal blouse which she accessorised with statement gold jewellery.
- For a recent photoshoot, Alaya F donned a gorgeous abstract print co-ord set and looked absolutely breathtaking in it. The actor added her own touch to the outfit by the way she styled it, we are taking notes.
- Silver kaliras and an off-white lehenga is what fashion designer Natasha Dalal opted to wear on her wedding day. The groom Varun Dhawan also twinned with his childhood sweetheart and wore a sherwani in the same colour. The couple of the hour looked like royalty on their special day.