Five bridal beauty blunders
Marriage is the one of the most important event in one’s life and all brides desire to look their prettiest on this day. On your wedding day, make sure you don’t end up looking like a tacky mannequin. Here are some common beauty errors and their fixes.fashion and trends Updated: Nov 19, 2011 00:22 IST
Marriage is the one of the most important event in one’s life and all brides desire to look their prettiest on this day. But despite all efforts, they often end up making a few beauty blunders that can ruin their day. We spoke to a few experts who tell us some trade secrets that can make you look ravishing on your D-day.
Makeup expert Aasma Bhasin says, “Too much of shimmer can make your face like a ghost’s in the photographs. Also, if your foundation is not merged properly, it shows off in the pictures.”
To look your best on your wedding day, here’s what you must steer clear off:
1. Patchy base: Brides, take a note! Don’t go over board with your makeup. A wrong base can ruin your entire look and pictures. Beauty expert Vidya Tikari says,“Don’t use a base that is more than two shades lighter than your skin colour, otherwise the skin will start appearing grey.”
2. Clamped mascara: Mascara can add volume and fullness to your eyes. Makeup artist Komal Gulati says, “An overdose of mascara leads to clumpy and spidery looking eye lashes. Just two coats of mascara are enough.”
3. Clown cheeks: There’s a difference between the rosy and clown-like cheeks. There’s a trick to get the blush right. Tikari suggests, “Bright shades should be used on the cheeks but with limited application.” Also, a highlighter on the cheek can give a glamorous effect. “Use highlighter on the cheeks to add that extra glow on the face and look healthy and pretty at the same time,” adds Gulati.
4. Undefined lip: Don’t use a dark lip pencil to define your lips, that’s a passe. Also keep in mind that there’s a different lip makeup for those with thin lips and for those with fuller lips. “Brides with thin lips should wear lighter shades, on the other hand ladies with fuller pout can try out warmer tone shades,” says Bhasin.
5. Conceal deal: If blemishes, pimples and dark circles give you nightmare, then there’s a right way to fix them with a concealer. “Many times brides who have dark circles along with visible fine lines try too hard to conceal them, which results in accentuating the flaws. The extra dose of concealer settles into the lines and pores of the skin. So, take a little quantity of concealer, which is closest to your skin tone, to give a subtle coverage and a hydrating effect as well,” says Tikari.
First Published: Nov 18, 2011 18:58 IST