Follow these fashion rules from experts for a successful job interview
According to experts, what you wear to a job interview can impact your chances of getting selected for the job you desire.fashion and trends Updated: May 29, 2017 19:41 IST
Before heading out for a job interview, make sure you are dressed in solid colours and appropriate attire, suggest experts. Salesh Grover, Business Head at OSL Luxury Collections Pvt, Vandana Anurag, Founder of The Parisian Boudoir (online-multi-brand boutique) and designer Sunil Mehra have listed a few tips:
* Make sure your clothes are clean and properly ironed, this will bring out your confidence. Wrinkled and untidy clothes leave a very negative impression. Don’t wear dirty and muddy shoes as they will make you appear unhygienic and lazy.
* Always choose a tie that complements your suit as well as your shirt. Ties with small and conservative prints blend with all styles. Coordinate the tie with the suit. You can also match the colour of the tie with your shoes.
* Wear suits that are in darker hues like black and navy blue. Make sure it fits properly so that you look and do your best.
* Your attire reflects your personality, so always wear clothes that not only make you look good but also feel good. Always wear an outfit that brings out your inner confidence for an everlasting impression.
* For women, dress up in styles like pantsuits, sheath dresses and pencil skirts. For a sincere and mature look, conservative dressing is the best option.
* Choose an outfit that go well with the company culture and dress code. Your appearance will make the employer think of you as a perfect fit for their corporate culture.
* Avoid wearing uncomfortable clothes and shoes as this will distract you from the interview and reduce your confidence.
* Do not wear revealing and skin-fit outfits no matter how casual the office environment is.
* Avoid suits with big prints as they are more suitable for casual occasions.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: May 29, 2017 19:40 IST