Gauahar Khan’s yellow lehenga for Chiksa ceremony is one look that every bride-to-be should bookmark
Actor and model Gauahar Khan is all set to tie the knot to her fiance Zaid Darbar on the weekend. The couple of the hour kickstarted their wedding festivities with a haldi-like ceremony, known as Chiksa. In this ceremony, Chiksa is applied to the bride and groom to keep the buri nazar at bay. The wedding that is going to be a grand multiple-day event has the fans of the star couple excited.
Gauahar is also known for her sartorial picks and her followers can’t wait to see what she has finalised for the big day. For this ceremony, the couple opted for matching yellow outfits. Gauahar wore an eccentric bright shimmery lehenga-choli set from the brand, Maayera Jaipur. Her V-neck choli had gorgeous silver subtle embroidery all-over. It also featured matching silver lacework on the neckline, at the end of the arms and at the hem.
She teamed a heavily embroidered lehenga with the minimal choli and looked like a dream. The yellow-base lehenga was adorned with bright pink and blue floral embroidery with subtle mirror work. To complete the look, Gauahar donned an organza yellow dupatta that featured delicate mirror work and matching floral embroidery along with silver borders. This look is something that every bride-to-be should bookmark.
ALSO WATCH | Whom Gauahar Khan is thinking about during lockdown
That was not all, the actor went with floral jewellery for her Chiksa ceremony. She wore statement floral earrings and a large maang tikka which complimented her lehenga perfectly. She also went the subtle route with her makeup and was seen with an on-point eye-liner, mascara laden lashes along with a nude lip shade and lots of highlighter.
Gauahar shared beautiful images from the ceremony on Instagram with the caption, “When half of me met half of you and together the better halves shaped our beautiful moments. #Alhamdulillah Day 1 of #GaZa celebrations - Chiksa (sic).”
Zaid too looked dapper in his yellow kurta and pyjama combo. Gauahar and Zaid had recently shared their animated wedding cards along with their lockdown love story on Instagram.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Gauahar Khan has been sharing snippets from her honeymoon in Udaipur with hubby Zaid Darbar. However, her fans cannot help but swoon over the stunning outfits that the actor wore on her trip. Her latest images wearing a makhmal suit has been making headlines and we are taking notes.
- Telugu star Ram Pothineni shows how to break the monotony of menswear when it comes to ethnic style. The actor was seen promoting his latest release, Red, in designer Kunal Rawal's purple potted flower kurta
- Sara Ali Khan is the latest celebrity to visit the Maldives and have a gala time. The actor is also giving us major holiday fashion goals in her beachwear.
- For a recent Ask Me Anything session on her Instagram account, Deepika Padukone wore an uber cool knit vest and left us speechless. The actor answered various questions such as the first thing that she does in the morning and her favourite thing to cook during this session.
- Snuggle but with fashion and Mira Rajput Kapoor, in a knit cape with a high neck, shows us how to keep the finger firmly placed on the sartorial pulse this cosy winter season
- Sara Ali Khan leaves fashionistas in awe of her classy feminine style and flirty edge in a red and navy blue checkered cocktail dress with a flattering side draping and we can’t help swooning either
- Another day, another sultry look by Karisma Kapoor and we can’t help but prepare a sartorial diary to recreate her killer styles for our next date night with bae. Want to send the fashion police on red alert? Check out the diva’s puff-sleeved dress
- Milan Fashion Week 2021: Miuccia Prada, Raf Simonsosy, Fendi, Ermenegildo Zegna and even K-Way establish that comfortable indoor-wear leaves its mark on outdoor styles for menswear autumn-winter collection
- Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor are currently holidaying in Goa and the mother-of-two is flaunting her enviable curves in some of the most fabulous beach wear. Their pictures are making us crave for a vacation as well.
- Tandav star Saif Ali Khan turns cover boy for a magazine and his latest pictures in a teal blue bandhgala are fashion goals for men to break away yet embrace the mundane with naturalism
- Hina Khan is having a gala time on her trip. The fashionista has been giving us great brunch date look ideas. She has been snapped in some of the the most impressive ensembles and we are getting inspired.
- Sara Ali Khan's latest leather look teaches us how to brave the winter and look badass while doing it. The Simmba actor is a fashionista in the truest sense.
- On Sunday, Prada unveiled their latest collection - anti-uniform which is an ode to our new intimacy in our ever-tighter circles: luxury long-johns, digitally.
- Athiya Shetty has been making us dream of an endless summer to far flung places and her sizzling fashionable looks, in floral or fancy dresses that flaunt effortless silhouettes and celebrate the feminine figure, are to be blamed
- NBA coaches' casual dressing, during the league at Walt Disney World in Florida, inspires basketball coaches across America to eschew the traditional game day attire of coats, ties and dress slacks in favour of polos, quarter-zips and warmup pants as comfort over style becomes the new fashion trend