India’s textile traders witness dip amid wedding season due to night curfew and lockdown rumours
Textile traders in Surat on Thursday said that upcoming wedding (‘Lagan’) season seems less promising for their business following night curfew imposed due to surge in Covid -19 cases.
The director of Federation of Surat Textile Traders Association (FOSTTA) Rangnath Sarda told ANI, “Night curfew and rumours about lockdown scared people.”
“Business in the last one and a half months was exceptionally good. So we prepared for Lagan, Pongal and Christmas,” he added.
Sarda further said: “But night curfew and rumours about lockdown on social media scared the traders. Mandatory Covid tests for those coming from outside Surat have also deterred people.”
Gujarat has reported a total of 1,83,756 Covid cases till now and has seen a sharp spike in the past few days as 1,515 cases were reported on November 21.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra recently showed how to slay a formal look with a Work From Home twist in a beautiful blue shirt worth ₹17k.
- For a recent shoot, Mira Rajput donned a beautiful yellow sundress that was adorned with intricate floral print. The fashionista looked absolutely breathtaking in the dress and we are bookmarking it.
- One of Priyanka Chopra's Work From Home looks garnered more attention than the rest. Her fans loved her dark copper coloured formal blouse which she accessorised with statement gold jewellery.
- For a recent photoshoot, Alaya F donned a gorgeous abstract print co-ord set and looked absolutely breathtaking in it. The actor added her own touch to the outfit by the way she styled it, we are taking notes.
- Silver kaliras and an off-white lehenga is what fashion designer Natasha Dalal opted to wear on her wedding day. The groom Varun Dhawan also twinned with his childhood sweetheart and wore a sherwani in the same colour. The couple of the hour looked like royalty on their special day.
- Watch: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja spills the beans on her 3 favourite hair care products for the times she wants to be 'romantic' or when she opts to be 'less fancy' in this ‘Vanity Vignettes’ video
- Hina Khan recently shared a video in which the actor gave extremely useful tips for improving the hair health especially during winter season. Get ready with your notepads and pen.
- After a short hiatus from social media, Bella Hadid made a return and penned a heartfelt note about mental health. "I am only here to be an instrument of peace and love," it read.