Kriti Sanon’s IIFA dress looks a lot like Aishwarya Rai’s Cannes gown
Actor Kriti Sanon hit the green carpet at the IIFA 2018 awards on Sunday in a voluminous gown strikingly similar to the look that actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan famously wore to the 2017 Cannes Film Festival.
Even as Kriti channelled her inner princess and looked positively ethereal in her silver Mark Bumgarner gown, we couldn’t help but notice her outfit was nearly identical to Aishwarya’s full-on Cindrella look, except for the ruffle detailing around her neck. In May, 2017, Aishwarya had worn the ice blue ball gown courtesy of Michael Cinco Couture, the style of which was reminiscent of the Disney princess.
While Kriti’s dress from the designer’s fall winter 2018 collection was super textured and sparkly, adding some interest since it’s otherwise one (beautiful) colour, Aishwarya’s strapless gown boasted an equally stunning ball-worthy voluminous skirt, but it was covered with beads and embroidered silver leaves, making the two gowns a little different.
What’s more, Kriti and Aishwarya chose to style their similar-looking designer outfits, differently, while expertly expressing their unique fashion personalities. Kriti accessorised with a pair of shiny Nitya Arora hoop earrings, as well as a bold embelished ring from Outhouse, which is the kind of bohemian touch we’ve come to expect from the actor. The whole look was beautiful.
Aishwarya, on the other hand, accessorised minimally with a few silver rings, letting the dress speak for itself. She simply paired her dress with a beauty look featuring a glossy blowout, sultry smoked-out eyes, and a rosy mauve lip that only added to her princess vibe.
So, which look suits your fancy — Kriti’s glam ball gown and matching accessories or Aishwarya’s classic red carpet look?
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.
- For a recent shoot, Kiara Advani wore a beautiful bralette and skirt co-ord set. The Kabir Singh actor made it clear that summer is here in her matching attire and we love it.
- Erica Fernandes has been serving one steamy look after another during her stay at the Maldives, be it in a powder blue bodysuit or acid wash bustier-skirt and fashionistas can’t help but take notes to slay at the next beach vacation