Make sure your skin is hydrated and smooth this summer. Follow these tips
Summers, with its harsh hot weather, call for a special cleansing and skin care routine. Let experts guide you on how to keep your skin safe and soft.fashion and trends Updated: May 23, 2018 10:14 IST
Skin requirements keep changing in every weather and it is a real challenge to keep it soft, protected and glowing. Hydrate, exfoliate and moisturise to keep your skin healthy this summer. Shikhee Agrawal, Head - Training, The Body Shop India, and Sambhavna Vasant, founder, BathItUp, share tips to keep skin healthy and glowing:
* Hydrate: Your body loses a lot of moisture. So, it is essential to hydrate your body now and then. Drink 10-12 glasses of water and increase fruit intake.
* Moisturise: Make sure to follow the rituals of cleaning, toning and moisturising at night before sleeping.
* Regularly cleanse and exfoliate: Cleanse your face twice a day and scrub and exfoliate your skin two to three times a week to shoo away the stubborn dirt.
* Sunscreen: Use sunscreen when you go out. It is very important as sunscreen helps in saving your screen from the harmful Ultraviolet (UV) radiations.
* Stay low on make-up: For achieving the lit-from-within glow, the most important thing is to stay away from heavy make-up and indulge in the habit of washing off the sticky bacteria and sweat from the face to keep the skin glowing and fresh.
* A good way to keep your face fresh in the summer is mixing tomato and lemon juice and cooling it (you could also make ice cubes of it) and use on your face for cooling, soothing and hydrating effects.
* Home-made face packs: The face masks made from the kitchen ingredients like milk, honey and oatmeal can do wonders for your skin in keeping it glowing and smooth. You can also choose for fruit face packs and sheet masks as well.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: May 23, 2018 10:13 IST