Malaika Arora gives a smoking hot twist to Egyptian fashion in Rs 57k metallic jersey pre-draped saree
If there is one Bollywood star that can effortlessly slay in every look and make even the mundane seem sartorially elegant, it has to be the Chaiyaan Chaiyaan girl Malaika Arora. For an episode of television’s dance reality show India’s Best Dancer, which Malaika was co-judging along with choreographers Geeta Kapur and Terence Lewis, the actor gave a smoking hot twist to Indo-Arabic fashion and looked no less than an Egyptian princess as she created “old world charm” and channeled her inner diva vibes for a sultry photoshoot.
Taking to her Instagram handle, Malaika gave a glimpse of her glamorous avatar that made the fashion police drop their jaws in awe. Donning an ivory coloured metallic jersey pre-draped concept saree by Indian designer Tarun Tahiliani, Malaika looked ready for grand festive celebrations.
The foil jersey-draped concept saree came with a contemporary version of classic gilet and was adorned in byzantium-inspired embroideries along with a dangling mix of Swarovski pearls, emeralds and rubies. The diamonds, crystals, metallic chains and studs further highlighted the Italian tulle of the ensemble which originally costs Rs 57,400 on Tarun’s website.
Pulling back her mid-parted hair in a low bun adorned with a desi gajra, Malaika accessorised her look with a handcrafted matha patti, an exquisite neckpiece, a set of antique bangles and a statement finger ring. The pictures were captioned, “Let’s bring in some colour (sic).”
Earlier, for an episode around Diwali, Malaika recreated her iconic look from the 1998 song, Chaiyaan Chaiyaan . Dressed in a red lehenga, black blouse with silver embroidery work and an organza ankle-length jacket, Malaika gave a contemporary edge to the ensemble and looked ready to kill.
The diva is our fashion hero and her sartorial closet is enough to back our claim.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra recently shared her quick and easy to do makeup look that she sticks to for all the video calls. The actor is currently extremely busy promoting her upcoming film and her autobiography, online.
- Nora Fatehi recently shared a beautiful black and white image of herself looking like a dream in a pearl bustier designed for her by the duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
- Malaika Arora has been telling us the correct way to rock a comfy outfit with panache for the longest time now and her latest pictures that are from an impromptu shoot in her balcony featuring a maxi dress are giving us all the inspiration that we need.
- Sara Ali Khan is currently soaking in the sun and enjoying delicious meals with her family in the Maldives. The actor is also serving us some major beachwear goals with her pictures.
- From the moment she arrived in Washington DC to the closing ceremony of the Inauguration Day, FLOTUS Dr Jill Biden has been making sartorial statements which are also slyly giving out some important messages.