The last day of Synergy1 Couture Week showed fusion at its best.
Actor Jacqueline Fernandez came to watch Gaurav Gupta’s show. Shraddha Kapoor too extended her couture week stay as she sat in the front row for the show. Post show Gupta called Jackie for a photo op and almost forgot to call Shraddha. When someone pushed Shraddha ahead, Gupta realised that he has another star for his show.
Pop the bubbly
Usually the backstage is well taken care of with tea, coffee and cakes. However, for the final show, the models were in for a special treat as we spotted a bottle of champagne kept on the snacks table. May be the organisers had started the finale party in advance.
Rohit Bal’s set was decadent with jasmine flowers. There were tree branches with hundreds of jasmine strands. The organiser used 300 kg flowers. Entrepreneur Priya Paul, who sat in the front row, joined show-stopper Arjun Rampal in a playful mood and got into a flower throwing match as both hurled handfuls of petals which were kept on the stage.
Rohit Bal presented a collection where each garment was an object d’art. Embroidery in its best interpretation, fabrics used in its purest forms, flowy silhouettes and an array of colours, his collection, christened Shanti (peace) exuded elegance. The extent of the use of embroidery (flowers, peacocks, spirals, etc) was amazing. The use of gold and volumes of fabrics made his creations some of the best that fashion has ever seen.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Erica Fernandes has been serving one steamy look after another during her stay at the Maldives, be it in a powder blue bodysuit or acid wash bustier-skirt and fashionistas can’t help but take notes to slay at the next beach vacation
- Sara Ali Khan’s white ruffle cold-shoulder playsuit at Manish Malhotra’s house party last month made jaws drop in awe and set the mercury soaring but the good news is that you can add the ravishing ensemble to your vacay wardrobe too without burning a hole in your pocket
- Bhagyashree gives fans a sneak-peek into her kitchen as she prepares organic oil to nourish her hair, claims it reduces hairfall when applied atleast once every week | Watch
- Hina Khan recently took to her social media and shared images of herself wearing a purple and pink tracksuit. We are guessing that this is what Barbie would look like in athleisure.
- For her flight, Kiara Advani opted for an extremely comfy attire and wore an all-black velvet tracksuit. The Kabir Singh actor added a hint of elan to it with her high-end cross-body bag.
- Shanaya Kapoor oozes charms as she lays fashion inspiration, for resort wear this summer season, in a sizzling floral mini dress which is sure to make heads turns