Vidya Balan in Rs 6.5k black saree is elegance personified
When it comes to rocking a saree, no one does it like Vidya Balan. The Kahaani actor is a true saree connoisseur. Be it an awards night or a casual party, the Bollywood star always looks classy in the traditional six yards and gives it her own elegant twist. Her latest ethnic look, which she donned for a webinar, is a testimony to our claim.
Recently, Vidya shared pictures of herself draped in a beautiful black saree that had floral print all over. The flowers were hand-painted on it and the contrast of bright pink with black looked mesmerising. For a quirky touch to the elegant saree, Vidya teamed it with a black shirt blouse.
The actor looked fierce in the classic Indian wear. To add a little boho vibe to the ensemble, the 41-year-old opted for statement-silver jewellery. She was seen wearing a large silver bracelet along with a silver chunky neckpiece. She avoided any other jewellery, letting the saree be the highlight of the show and we love it.
For her glam, Vidya focussed on her eyes and opted for a bold streak of kajal teamed with on-point eyeliner and mascara-clad eyelashes. Her matte makeup look was completed with a little dab of blush and a nude lip shade. The Shakuntala Devi actor tied her hair in a slick side-parted ponytail.
If you are also in awe of this look and would like to flaunt it, we have some news for you. The stunning saree is by the brand The Haelli and it will not burn a hole in your pocket. The hand-painted saree is worth Rs 6,500.
On the work front, Vidya Balan was last seen in the Amazon Prime release Shakuntala Devi. The 2020 release also starred Sanya Malhotra who essayed the role of Shakuntala Devi’s on-screen daughter. Shakuntala Devi was known as the “human-computer” who could do extremely difficult calculations in no time.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a recent photoshoot, Alaya F donned a gorgeous abstract print co-ord set and looked absolutely breathtaking in it. The actor added her own touch to the outfit by the way she styled it, we are taking notes.
- Silver kaliras and an off-white lehenga is what fashion designer Natasha Dalal opted to wear on her wedding day. The groom Varun Dhawan also twinned with his childhood sweetheart and wore a sherwani in the same colour. The couple of the hour looked like royalty on their special day.
- Watch: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja spills the beans on her 3 favourite hair care products for the times she wants to be 'romantic' or when she opts to be 'less fancy' in this ‘Vanity Vignettes’ video
- Hina Khan recently shared a video in which the actor gave extremely useful tips for improving the hair health especially during winter season. Get ready with your notepads and pen.
- After a short hiatus from social media, Bella Hadid made a return and penned a heartfelt note about mental health. "I am only here to be an instrument of peace and love," it read.
- For her recent outing in Dubai, Nora Fatehi opted to wear a stunning black velvet full-sleeved dress that also featured a thigh-high slit. The actor's gown is the epitome of modern luxury.
- From nerdy minimalist look to contemporary chic, The Girl on The Train actor Kirti Kulhari serves a slew of fashionable styles that are a must-have for this year's Spring-Summer wardrobe
- The fashionista and fitness freak Sara Ali Khan has been sharing some picturesque views from the Maldives and serving us with bookmark-worthy holiday fashion. Her latest pictures in a sustainable monokini are no different.
- From sunshiny suit that leaves one day dreaming to silk maxi dress that looks perfect for hot summer evenings, Priyanka Chopra Jonas has been raising the sartorial bar in her own sizzling style during the promotions of The White Tiger and the fashionista in us is inspired
- Looking for an impactful yet comfortable occasion wear? Check out Kajol’s luxe boho look in Netflix release Tribhanga, donning a multicoloured chiffon cape with sleeves, to channel the modern global woman vibe while staying true to the heritage