FIFA U-17 World Cup, Brazil vs England: How to get ticket refunds for Guwahati match
The semifinal match between England and Brazil was shifted from Guwahati due to bad pitch conditions. Here’s the refund process for people with tickets for the Brazil vs England game in Guwahati.fifa u17 world cup 2017 Updated: Oct 23, 2017 23:50 IST
The FIFA U-17 World Cup semifinal encounter between Brazil and England was shifted from Guwahati to Kolkata after the two teams complained about the pitch conditions. Four days of incessant rainfall in Guwahati made the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium unplayable, forcing FIFA to shift Wednesday’s semi-final to Kolkata’s Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan Stadium. Both the squads were present in Guwahati for the pitch inspection and after a long discussion, they decided to move the venue for the match. Here’s the refund process for people with tickets for the Brazil vs England game in Guwahati.
For customers who have purchased in cash from the box office:
1. Refund dates: 24 October and 25 October, 2017, 10:00 to 21:00 IST
2. Refund location: Rupnath Brahma Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT) Bethkuchi, Near Balaji Temple, Ahom Gaon, Guwahati, Assam 781035
3. Refund process: Please carry the original ticket along with your government issued photo ID. No refunds will be given without both the ticket and the ID
4. Refund mechanism: Cash only
For online customers:
1. Amount will be refunded to the account used for purchase
2. Refunds will be processed starting 28 October until 11 November
3. For customers who purchased tickets in Phase I, only the portion associated with the 25 October ticket will be refunded
4. The refund amount will be the price paid for the ticket, based on the sales phase the ticket was purchased in
5. In case original Guwahati ticket holders wish to attend the match in Kolkata – fans are advised to carry their online proof of purchase to the dedicated ticket counter for Guwahati customers, and buy a ticket. These tickets are also priced at 100 INR.
First Published: Oct 23, 2017 23:36 IST