Increase your intake of iron, calcium: 5 tips for healthy nails
According to experts, you need to increase your intake of iron and calcium for healthier nails.health Updated: Aug 16, 2017 12:34 IST
Increase your intake of iron, calcium and massage your nails with olive oil to keep your nails healthy, say experts.
Ishika Taneja, Executive Director Alps Group, and Ragini Mehra, founder, Beauty Source, list down some tips to keep nails healthy. Follow these on a regular basis, and we’re sure you shall have healthy, shiny nails in no time!
1. Continuous applications of nail polish make nails go dull. Rub lemon at least thrice in a week to get rid of yellowness.
2. You can also massage your nails every alternative day for about three to five minutes with olive or coconut oil to add moisture to them. Repeat the process and you’ll restore shine within a few days.
3. Nails tend to get dry when exposed to water repeatedly. So, to lock in the natural moisture of the nails, simply massage your nails with any good quality oil every day to prevent your nails from getting dry and brittle. You can apply lukewarm oil and leave overnight. It softens the nails and cuticles and moisturise your hands.
4. Increase your intake of iron, calcium, zinc, and vitamins A, C, D and E. All these nutrients are essential for healthy and shiny nails. One of the most common items that has all these ingredients is yogurt. Also, eat foods rich in protein to give your nails the essential strength, health, and shine because nails are made up of the structural proteins known as keratin.
5. Practice good nail hygiene. Keep fingernails dry and clean. Avoid using chemicals on your nails.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Aug 16, 2017 12:34 IST