Brad Pitt cancels red carpet appearance citing a certain ‘family situation’
Actor Brad Pitt cancelled a red carpet appearance for filmmaker Terence Malick’s new film Voyage of Time citing a “family situation” as the reason.
Pitt was scheduled to attend the premiere at the California Science Centre on Wednesday, but with the actor currently in the middle of a much-publicised divorce from Angelina Jolie, he decided not to attend it, reports hollywoodreporter.com.
Pitt narrates Malick’s feature that examines the origins of the universe and of life on Earth.
“Terrence’s Voyage of Time is an incredibly beautiful and unique experiential IMAX film for children and families chronicling the birth of time,” Pitt said in a statement.
“I’m very grateful to be part of such a fascinating and educational project, but I’m currently focused on my family situation and don’t want to distract attention away from this extraordinary film, which I encourage everyone to see,” he added.
Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt last week after staying together for 12 years. Pitt previously worked with Malick in The Tree of Life (2011).
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Emma Watson, more than her co-stars, would struggle with wanting to not return to the Harry Potter series.
- Wesley Snipes has spoken about why his Black Panther film never got made in the 90s. The role was eventually brought to life by Chadwick Boseman.
- Billie Eilish The World’s a Little Blurry movie review: Apple's brilliant documentary traces the meteoric rise of the music industry's most mercurial performer.
- The fans of Harry Potter star Emma Watson were shocked as a report hinted that the actor has given up her career in acting and is devoting her time to her boyfriend.
- The first teaser for director Zack Snyder's upcoming zombie film, Army of the Dead, has been released. Dave Bautista leads the cast, which also features Huma Qureshi, although she isn't seen in the teaser.
- Actor Gal Gadot has said that she was on the verge of giving up acting when she was cast in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Wonder Woman. Read her nostalgic post.
- Kim Kardashian took to her Instagram account and remembered her father Robert Kardashian on his birth anniversary. Sister Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian also shared photos.