Gal Gadot wraps up Wonder Woman 1984, shares new photos and a heartfelt note
Actor Gal Gadot, who will be reprising the role of Wonder Woman in the sequel 1984, shared a few stills from the sets of the film as the shooting was wrapped up. In one of the photos from Wonder Woman 1984, she is seen with director Patty Jenkins as the two discuss and prepare for shots. Gadot also wrote a long note about why she is thankful for her role and how the director has helped her find the most creative version of herself.
She wrote, “We did it. Again!! And as much as the first time shooting Wonder Woman was amazing, this time was even more unique and special.. We shot in 4 very different locations in 3 countries, and I’m so soooo proud of the almost 1000 crew members who came to set every day, giving everything they have into our movie.
Couldn’t ask for better partners on this.. I’m so lucky to have the one and only Patty Jenkins, as my director. She always has our backs, she gives us the wings to dare, and everyday she helped us find the most creative version of ourselves .. I am so grateful to call her my friend. And to our AMAZINGly talented cast who made every day enjoyable and fun, thank you!”
The Wonder Woman actor also added, “Honestly.. Words cannot describe this experience.. This journey was so demanding and challenging but we all came and did our very best every take, every day, putting our all out there and I’m so proud... Thank you universe for this opportunity. I love this character. And thank you to all of you for being the best fans in the world. It was you that made me push myself every day.”
Gadot said that she couldn’t wait to share the film with fans in 2020. The first stand-alone Wonder Woman film was also directed by Patty Jenkins and the film broke many records at the box office. Wonder Wonder 1984 is slated to release in June 2020.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Gal Gadot has said that she was on the verge of giving up acting when she was cast in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Wonder Woman. Read her nostalgic post.
- Kim Kardashian took to her Instagram account and remembered her father Robert Kardashian on his birth anniversary. Sister Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian also shared photos.
- I Care a Lot movie review: Rosamund Pike is in proper Gone Girl mode in director J Blakeson's devilishly entertaining dark comedy, out on Netflix.
- Singer FKA Twigs has offered more details about the alleged abuse that she faced during her relationship with actor Shia LaBeouf.
- Joe and Anthony Russo, directors of Marvel's Avengers: Endgame, have debunked a fan theory that was seemingly endorsed by the film's writers previously.