Samuel L Jackson confirms Captain Marvel can time travel, says she could use it to save the heroes in Avengers: Endgame
Actor Samuel L Jackson appears to have let it slip that Captain Marvel (or Carol Denvers) can indeed travel through time. In an interview to Entertainment Tonight, he said that this superpower just might be what is needed to defeat Thanos in Avengers: Endgame.
Jackson said that a villain as strong as Thanos, needs someone equally strong to challenge him. “She’s pretty much the strongest character -- in terms of someone with powers are able to do things -- in the Marvel universe. So, for Carol Danvers to be that person and for Brie to become that person, it’s gonna be a dynamite thing. I mean, [the Avengers] are up against some really, really tough odds right now -- we saw throughout Infinity War -- so now we know that we need something that’s as powerful as Thanos. And at some point, we’ll find out how powerful she is and all the things that she’s capable of. She’s one of the few people in the Marvel universe that can time travel, so,” he said.
It has long been speculated that the Avengers will take help of time travel technology to bring back the fallen heroes of Avenges: Infinity War. Earlier, it was thought that Ant-Man movies’ Quantum Physics will be the true saviour, substantiated by Paul Rudd’s appearance at the very end of Avengers: Endgame teaser. But now, it looks like Captain Marvel will be the one to help them out.
Talking about working with Brie Larson, Jackson said that they have become friends. “It’s my third time with Brie. I did Kong with her and then she directed me in her own movie, Unicorn Store, and now we’re here. We’re very good friends. We work well together. We laugh together. We sing together. We developed a really, really great relationship when we were on Kong, traveling all over the world doing that thing and she was running back and forth to all her award shows being lauded. You know, it’s fun to be in the saddle with her, and I think it’s comforting for her to have someone around like me, that’s actually been a part of this Marvel universe for a while, who understands the largeness and the expectations that are there, so that she doesn’t feel pressure,” he said.
Captain Marvel arrives in theatres on March 8. It will be followed closely by Avengers: Endgame which releases on April 26.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.
- In an exclusive interview with Hindustan Times, Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige, spoke about India's role in the future of the MCU, and the mind-bending WandaVision, the studio's first streaming series.