Delhi school events: SMGSSS organises inter-school online event Sparkle
Keeping in mind the fact that every child is gifted in a unique way, St. Mark’s Girls Sr. Sec. School (SMGSSS), Meera Bagh, organised a virtual inter-school event titled Sparkle to provide a wonderful platform to such kids to showcase their hidden talent.
On that occasion, two competitions namely Story Narration and Character Dramatisation were organised for the students. It was simply a feast for the budding literary champions from different schools across Delhi.
The participating schools were: St. Mark’s Girls Sr. Sec School, Meera Bagh, St. Mark’s Sr. Sec. Public School, Meera Bagh, Magic Beanstalk Janakpuri, Hillwoods Academy, Apeejay School, Pitampura, Hansraj Model School, Delhi Public School, Rohini, KR Mangalam, Paschim Vihar, Maharaja Agarsain Public School, Ashok Vihar, Rukmini Devi Public School and Magic Beanstalk, Meera Bagh.
The event started with the inauguration ceremony presenting glimpses of ‘Sparkle 2019-2020’. All the participants were wished the best of luck for their performances. Since time immemorial, storytelling has been an integral part of one’s childhood. It’s the stories that give wings to our imagination and take us to places beyond the boundaries of our physical world and into the land of fairies, dragons and wishing trees. The little story tellers won everyone’s heart and were applauded.
The students exquisitely dressed up like their favourite characters for the Character Dramatisation competition. The young enthusiasts armed with their props came forth with wonderful characters. Their confidence, enactment and costumes were appreciated by everyone. The event ended on a graceful note and a momentous day came to a blissful end. It was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone..
ASN Senior Secondary School, Mayur Vihar, conducts special online assembly
ASN Senior Secondary School, Mayur Vihar, conducted a special online assembly to celebrate the day when India became the part of the United Nations (UN) in 1945. India is a founding member of the UN.
On June 26, 1945, India was among 50 countries to sign the UN Charter and later joined the UN after ratifying the UN Charter on October 30 that year.
Rajiv Chandran, officer incharge, UNIC for India and Bhutan, graced the occasion as main speaker, The event started with a soulful classical dance performance. An enlightening PowerPoint presentation was shown by the children. It had all the information on the mission and work of the UN guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding charter. A mock UN Summit was also held on the issue of Covid challenges. Children acted as delegates from different countries and they elucidated on how their respective countries were combating the deadly virus and the measures those are taking to prevent the spread of the Covid-19. The day concluded with a motivating and touching dance performance depicting hope. Principal Swarnima Luthra addressed the students. Middle Wing incharge Sushma Kalia proposed a vote of thanks.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As parents worry, experts advise offline activities; say some kids need medical help, counselling
- Students from schools across Ludhiana saluted the national flag, sang patriotic songs, and recited poems dedicated to freedom fighters to mark the day.
- The conference, which was attended by over 200 students from Classes 6 to 12, was inaugurated by school executive director Dr. Mrignaini and moderated by Social Science HoD Mukesh Choudhary along with her dedicated team.
- Sia Kapur, a Class 5 student of Bal Bharati Public School (BBPS), GRH Marg, has discovered three asteroids in the Kalam Centre Asteroid Search Campaign organized by Kalam Centre in New Delhi in association with International Astronomical Search Collaboration (IASC).
- The current times are extremely exciting with the current pandemic having ushered in the most challenging times for our society and government.
- The virtual library will help students of Classes 9 to 12 develop the habit of reading newspapers and competition-related materials.
- A dietitian working with the Asian Heart Hospital in BKC, Dr Patil has been working with Covid-19 patients at the BKC centre for the past six months.
- Senior principal Vineeta Arora appreciated the efforts made by BOSS and said that it has sincerely committed itself to the betterment of the society, truly exemplifying the fundamental values of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.
- The first part of this new series features Devashish Jindal and Akash Kadiyan who have founded the entertainment firm Rhino Records that makes catchy video songs that promote India’s diverse regional music, culture and talent.
- They are not only equipped to achieve good ranks in the academics field but also are equally trained to their best potential for performing well in their extracurricular activities including sports.
- A plethora of activities were organised during the festival like aerobics, taekwondo, karate, kickboxing, yoga, poster making, slogan writing and poem recitation.
- The general population is expected to get the dose after it, which means the wait for them ranges between three and six months.
- Season 2 of CSP will be divided in different categories as per the new curricular and pedagogical structure of the primary, middle and secondary school students.
- With India on the verge of joining the rest of the world by immunizing its population of 1.3 billion against covid-19, there couldn't be a better time and occasion to also understand what is vaccination?
- The Uddhav Thackeray government allotted 102 acres of salt pan land to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) for building an integrated car shed in Kanjurmarg, in east-central Mumbai, last year in a decision opposed by the Centre, which claimed ownership.