19 killed, 7 injured as cement-laden truck overturns in Gujarat
Nineteen people were killed and seven others injured when a truck turned turtle in Gujarat’s Bavalyali village on the Ahmedabad-Bhavnagar road on Saturday morning.
The truck, which was loaded with cement sacks, met with the accident around 2.30 am. The driver fled from the scene soon after the incident.
“The deceased include 12 women and three children. They were all from the same family,” said an officer with the Bhavnagar police. The injured were taken to the Bhavnagar civil hospital for treatment, he added.
This is the second such accident to occur in Bhavnagar district over the last two months. As many as 30 members of a marriage party were killed when a truck fell off a bridge in March.
Further details are awaited.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Cryptocurrency is, however, not legally banned and the government is in the process of enacting a law on this matter.
- The PM asked the three services to rid themselves of legacy systems and practices that are no longer relevant.
- According to the police, some young men were dancing at the DJ night in a wedding ceremony, during which one of the accused pointed the pistol at the forehead of another youth.
- In January this year, Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde ruled out any reopening of courts for the present.
- The chargesheet was filed on Friday before a special NIA court against the accused persons-Bishnu Narzary, Nitul Daimary and Runiluish Daimary under several sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, Indian Penal Code and Arms Act.
- Rai said that door-to-door collection of funds for the Ram Temple construction has also been stopped.
- The central government has also rushed high-level multi-disciplinary public health teams to Maharashtra and Punjab in view of the increase in the number of daily new Covid-19 cases being reported by these states.