3 dead, 8 injured in Mumbai’s under-construction building collapse
At least, three persons were killed and eight others sustained injuries after an under-construction building near Azad Maidan in Mumbai’s Goregaon collapsed on Sunday.
The incident took place in the morning when three-storey Mhada Chawl located in Motilal Nagar suddenly came crashing down.
One of the deceased has been identified as 22-year-old Ramu. He was rushed to a local hospital where the doctor declared him brought dead.
A team of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) has reached the spot, and the rescue operation has been launched. The injured have been admitted Siddharth Hospital for treatment. The condition of those injured is said to be stable.
The reason for the collapse of the building is yet to be ascertained.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A statement form the Rajasthan Chief Minister's Office cited rising Covid-19 cases in the neighbouring states for the decision to insist on negative Covid reports for visitors.
- The woman who suspected foul play, checked the accused's Facebook account and found out that he was regularly chatting with another woman, who turned out to be his wife.
- It was the second Maoist attack in the last two days in Chhattisgarh.
- A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) asked the petitioner's lawyer to compile a list of similarly placed officers of the Indian armed forces still languishing in Pakistani jails.
- The order was issued after hearing an injunction suit filed by Ramesh Jarkiholi’s lawyers on Wednesday. The suit had named 68 media houses, channels and others.
- High Commissioner Alex Ellis also said more debates on the farmers' protest should be expected around the world as India takes on a greater role on the global stage