7.5-kg poppy seized in Samba, 1 held
A suspected drug peddler was arrested after 7.5 kg of poppy was allegedly recovered from him in Jammu and Kashmir’s Samba district, police said.
A tractor-trailer was intercepted during a checking on a highway in Mansar. A total of 7.5 kg of poppy was recovered, according to police.
The driver, Jagsir Singh, has been arrested and the contraband was also seized. A case has been registered at the Samba police station and an investigation is on, police said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, in a letter sent to her Indian counterpart, conveyed her greetings.
- Tuesday's decision to operate all trains comes a day after a meeting to resume local train services for all passengers was chaired by Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray.
- Khattar said that unsavoury events on Tuesday deserved to be condemned in the strongest words.
- Governor RN Ravi said 'politics by gun' has stonewalled efforts to resolve the Naga political issue.
- No details were shared about the meeting, although a functionary said the party sees similarities in Tuesday’s protests with last year's anti-CAA agitation.
- Putting the onus of Tuesday's events on the government and questioning it for not accepting the farmers demands, Congress chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said it was not right on the government's part to create a facade of talks and neither conceding to their demands nor proposing any solution.
- Sasikala was sentenced to four-year imprisonment in February 2017 in the ₹66 crore disproportionate assets case along with her sister-in-law J Ilavarasi and former Tamil Nadu chief minister late Jayalalithaa's foster son VN Sudhakaran.