CBI raids 45 premises in 3 states, including Bengal over ‘coal mafia’, bribery cases
In a mass-scale search operation, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday is carrying out searches at 45 locations in four states – West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand and Bihar- in connection with illegal mining and theft of coal from Kunustoria and Kajoria coal fields of Eastern Coalfield Limited, officials said.
The search operation stems from an FIR in the alleged irregularities on Friday against two senior officials of ECL, unknown officials of railways and others after which several teams are currently searching premises of several accused persons and companies.
It is alleged that mass scale theft of coal was taking place at the ECL lines in connivance with the officials and security in-charge, officials said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Since January 16, a total of 10,514 healthcare workers have been vaccinated in Uttarakhand in 171 sessions.
- The PM is scheduled to address a public rally at Jerenga Pathar in Sivasagar district on Saturday and distribute land allotment certificates to over 1,06,000 landless people.
- The petitioner, had joined the 3-year law course at Law Centre-II of the Faculty of Law, Delhi University in August 2016. She was a married woman who attended the evening law course and successfully cleared three semesters. In the fourth semester, she became pregnant and could not attend classes.
- The child-friendly police station has been developed under an initiative by the state commission for protection of child rights and police to provide a friendly environment to the children on the streets to prevent them from stepping into the world of crime.
- The BJP chief directed the volunteers to keep reminding people of the good work done by the state and central governments on social media since public memory was known to be short.