Chhattisgarh claims to have procured record paddy at MSP this season
- The official data also shows a big increase in the total number of registered paddy farmers, which now stands at 21.52 lakh.
Chhattisgarh government has claimed to have procured 84.44 lakh metric tons of paddy till January 21, a record for the last two decades, said officials.
The procurement is still going and the present procurement is 50,000 metric tons more than the quantity of paddy procured last year, the added.
In the last paddy season, Chhattisgarh procured 83.94 lakh metric tons of paddy, a press release issued by the government stated.
“Till date, 1,954, 332 farmers have sold paddy at support price. Total 2,770,693 metric tons of paddy has been issued to the millers for custom milling, against which, nearly 2,545,512 metric tons of paddy has been transported already,” the release stated.
In the year 2017-18, 56.88 lakh metric tonnes of paddy was procured in the state, whereas in the year 2018-19, 80.83 lakh metric tonnes of paddy was purchased and in the year 2019-20, 83.94 lakh metric tonnes of paddy was procured.
“In the year 2017-18, 15.77 lakh farmers had registered to sell paddy, whereas in the year 2018-19, the number of registered farmers increased to 16.96 lakh, and it further increased to 19.55 lakh in the year 2019-20. This year, there has been a record increase in the number of farmers registered, which now stands at 21.52 lakh,” an official said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The meeting came a week after Tewari and other letter writers, the group has been tagged the G23, addressed a meeting in Jammu in honour of retired MP Ghulam Nabi Azad.
- In Tamil Nadu, the Congress is in alliance with the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagham (DMK).
- The observations from the Union health ministry come a day after the country reported the largest single-day increase in new Covid-19 infections in two months.
- Smriti Irani says, "I’m the only female politician who’s also recognised by her former vocation. I recognise the bias in that."
- An official said that both Houses could meet at 11 am from the second week following the vaccination of eligible MPs.
- A suicide note found at the spot said they took the decision because of acute financial distress, an official said.
- The changes have been opposed by some states who see it as another attempt by the Centre to take over mining auctions and impose central rules on a state domain.
- A re-invigorated biodiversity management policy is India’s survival strategy. At this point in our development trajectory, we don’t pay any heed to either biodiversity or landscape conservation.
- According to Forest Survey of India’s forest fire alert system, there were 2,317 fire points last year between February 26 and March 7, but the figure rose to 53,211 this time after data from the Suomi National Polar-orbiting Partnership (SNPP) was taken into account.