Chhattisgarh shelter home manager arrested for raping inmate
The manager of a shelter home for women was arrested on Thursday in Chhattisgarh’s Bilaspur district for allegedly raping one of its inmates, police said on Friday. Three inmates had earlier alleged harassment at the shelter home. One of them later accused Jitendra Maurya, the manager, of raping her.
“The statements of the three women were recorded before a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC on Thursday during which one of them stated that she was raped by shelter manager Jitendra Maurya. Another woman alleged that she was physically assaulted,” police superintendent Prashant Agrawal said. He added Maurya has been arrested.
The woman, who has accused Maurya of rape, is a gang-rape survivor.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India China row: Jaishankar presented his diagnosis of the hurdles to the normal resumption of bilateral ties in his conversation with Wang Yi, and the steps needed to turn back the clock.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Meghalaya home minister said around 15-20 masked persons were involved in the attack on the labourers.
- Plea seeking contempt action against Maharashtra officials over killing of tigress Avni withdrawn
- IMD had predicted there could be heavy rains at some places on February 25 and 26, causing a possible disruption in flights on February 26th from Srinagar.