Ramesh Pokhriyal inaugurates two new Kendriya Vidyalayas in Bihar, Chhattisgarh
Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Thursday virtually inaugurated two new Kendriya Vidyalayas--one in Bettiah, Bihar and another in Korba, Chhattisgarh.
Speaking on this occasion, Nishank said that the new building of Kendriya Vidyalaya in Bihar's Bettiah has been constructed at a cost of ₹13.016 crore.
"At present, there are 53 Kendriya Vidyalayas in Bihar, out of which 4 Kendriya Vidyalayas are running in two shifts. The Kendriya Vidyalaya in Chhattisgarh's Korba has been constructed at a cost of ₹15.86 crore," he said.
"I am happy to share that all the new Kendriya Vidyalaya buildings are being built with green standards. These buildings will make the next generation aware of nature conservation," he added.
The minister said that a total of 1,245 Kendriya Vidyalayas are being operated in the country and 151 new Kendriya Vidyalayas have been opened in the country in the last six years, wherein 13,88,899 students are studying and excellent education is being imparted to them.
"Out of 1,245 Kendriya Vidyalayas, 953 Kendriya Vidyalayas are being run from their own buildings. The process of building the remaining schools is also going on quickly and soon these schools will be also run from their buildings," the Education Minister added.
Speaking on the new National Education Policy (NEP), Pokhriyal said, "In line with the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the NEP that we have introduced will give a new boost. This policy is designed keeping in mind the future of India, which emphasises practical knowledge rather than just book knowledge. The new education policy is capable of realising the dream of a self-reliant India."
The school education secretary and Commissioner of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan were also present on this occasion.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2021 results were announce on Friday by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The examination was held on January 31.
- CBSE CTET Result 2021: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday, February 26, declared the result for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on its official website.
- CTET results 2021: Candidates who have appeared in the CTET 2021 examination can check their results online at ctet.nic.in.
- BSSC Mains Inter Level result 2014: Candidates who have appeared in the main examination can check their results online at bssc.bih.nic.in.
- RBSE 10th, 12th board examination schedule 2021: Students registered to appear in the RBSE board examination 2021 can check the schedule online at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in.
- According to the board, of the total 75,132 students who appeared in the board exams, 76.09 percent of girls passed while 74.04 percent of boys also passed the examinations.
- JKBOSE 10th Kashmir division annual result: Students who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 10 annual examination 2020 can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- Candidates who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 10 annual examination 2020 can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- Interested candidates can check the schedule for UP JEE 2021 online at jeecup.nic.in.
- UPPRB Recruitment 2021: Once the application process started, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at uppbpb.gov.in on or before April 30, 2021.