Farmers’ protest LIVE updates: All India Kisan Sabha extends support to farmers’ protest against new laws
Farmers’ agitation against the three contentious farm laws entered day 23 on Friday and, as of now, impasse continues between the government and farmers’ unions. Amid the continued deadlock, prime minister Narendra Modi will on Friday virtually address the farmers of Madhya Pradesh in a ‘Kisan Kalyan Sammelan.’ The program will be telecast across 23,000 villages of the country and at all the district headquarters of Madhya Pradesh.
On Thursday, the Supreme Court resumed hearing petitions seeking immediate removal of protesting farmers from the borders of Delhi. The 3-judge bench, headed by chief justice SA Bobde, which had taken up the pleas on Wednesday, said the apex court would not interfere with the protests, adding that these should be allowed to go on as long as these are peaceful and do not result in damage to life and property of other citizens. Also on Thursday, Union agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar, who has been leading the government in its talks with the protesters, wrote an open letter to farmers in which he said that misunderstanding had been created among them regarding the reforms. Tomar further wrote that several other farmers’ unions had welcomed the reforms and were happy with the laws.
Follow all live updates here:
All India Kisan Sabha extends support to protesting farmers
The All India Kisan Sabha on Friday said it would join farmers protesting in Delhi against the new farm laws introduced by the Centre, reports PTI.
Why can’t farmers rally in Delhi if Anna Hazare can, asks Congress leader Surjewala
Congress leader Randeep Singh Surjewala, on Friday, slammed the Centre by questioning that if social activist Anna Hazare can rally in the national capital, then why farmers are not allowed to enter Delhi and stage the protest, reports PTI.
Union minister Irani slams opposition on farmers’ stir, says PM Modi did something for farmers
The opposition says that the one who made the bills isn’t a farmer. The one who talks of producing 40-inch potato is he a farmer? Is Sonia Gandhi a farmer? The one who actually did something for farmers is PM Narendra Modi, said Smriti Irani, Union Minister of Textiles in Meerut, report ANI.
Congress leader and boxer Vijender Singh distributes food at langar for protesting farmers
Govt is serious about MSP: PM Modi on farmers’ stir during Kisan Kalyan address
Political parties misguiding farmers for their benefit: PM Modi on farmers’ stir
Ready to meet farmers to end deadlock, says agriculture minister Tomar
Open to meet protesting farm unions anytime to end deadlock, address all genuine concerns, says agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar, reports PTI.
Changed rules to make Kisan credit card available to all farmers: PM Modi to MP farmers
PM Modi to shortly address Madhya Pradesh farmers
PM Narendra Modi’s virtual address to farmers of Madhya Pradesh to begin shortly.
Fasting on behalf of UPA in support of farmers, says Puducherry CM Narayansamy
“Today on behalf of the UPA, the leaders of the Congress party, CPI, CPI(M), MDMK, DMK and other parties are sitting on one-day hunger strike in support of farmers protesting against the three farms laws in Delhi,” says Pudcuherry CM V Narayansamy.
Chipko movement leader extends support to farmers
Chipko movement leader Sundarlal Bahuguna extends his support to farmers protesting against the three farm laws, says, “I support the demands of the ‘annadatas’ “.
DMK observes one-day fast in support of protesting farmers
DMK observes in Chennai, one-day fast in support of the protesting farmers. “We condemn the Centre’s statement that protesting farmers are anti-nationals,” says party chief MK Stalin.
PM Modi should talk to farmers and repeal the laws, says Bharatiya Kisan Morcha leader
“PM Modi should talk to the farmers and take back the farm laws. We will not give up our fight against these laws,” says Dayal Singh of Bharatiya Kisan Morcha (BKM).
Ghazipur border closed completely; Chilla border blocked from one side, tweets Delhi Traffic Police
Issuing a traffic advisory, the Delhi Traffic Police has tweeted that the Ghazipur border is completely blocked while the Chilla border is open only from the Delhi to Noida side.
PM Modi to virtually address Madhya Pradesh farmers today
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Friday virtually address farmers in Madhya Pradesh. The program will begin at 2pm via video conferencing, chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s office said in a statement on Thursday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For 2020-21, Delhi had pegged budgeted revenue receipts (excluding borrowings) at ₹55,309 crore. Revised estimates for the year will be mentioned in the upcoming budget (2021-22) and actual revenue receipts for the year will reflect in the budget after that.
- Court-appointed amicus curiae senior advocate Siddhartha Dave prepared a chart indicating unsatisfactory response from states as well with some proposing to achieve compliance of Court’s December 2, 2020 order by end of 2023.
- The judgment, which involved approximately ₹500 crore in tax revenue, will impact companies such as IBM India Ltd, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, Hewlett Packard India, Mphasis Ltd, Sonata Software Ltd, and GE India, among others.
- The girl's family lodged a complaint three day after she went missing.
- Shubhendu Shubham, 23, a 2016-batch student of Patna’s Nalanda Medical College Hospital (NMCH), had taken the first shot of Covaxin in the first week of February, but tested positive for the viral infection later last month before he could take the second shot
- For the past 13 days, the Durga-Nag market at Dalgate in Srinagar has been desolate and locals and traders in grief
- TMC’s leader in the Rajya Sabha Derek O, Brien asked the Election Commission to stop the Prime Minister "from taking unfair advantages and undue publicity at tax payer’s cost during the conduct of elections".