Fire breaks out on Darbhanga-New Delhi Sampark Kranti, rescue ops underway
A fire broke out in the coaches of Darbhanga-New Delhi Bihar Sampark Kranti Superfast Express on Wednesday night. Flames could be seen raging in the compartment.
Fire-fighting operations are underway. There have been no reports of any casualties so far.
More details awaited.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Omar Abdullah chided BJP's Suvendu Adhikari who was quoted a saying the "Bengal will become like Kashmir" if the Trinamool Congress returns to power in the assembly election.
- Two hundred kg of cocaine and 60 kg of hashish were seized from the boats registered in Sri Lanka
- Brahamchari Atmabodhanand of Haridwar's Matri Sadan ashram wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, describing his fast as ‘tapasya’, a fight against corruption and for preserving the environment.
- The President was on a two-day visit to Madhya Pradesh. Sunday's 'Janjatiya Sammelan' where he delivered his speech was organised by the MP Tribal Welfare Department.
- The Shiv Sena's mouthpiece Saamana asked what was the need to revisit the same topic again and again when it has become obsolete.
- India is behind only the United States and the United Kingdom in terms of the total number of people receiving vaccination, data from the health ministry shows.