‘Modi govt synonymous with prosperity’: Amit Shah hails bonus announcement
Union home minister Amit Shah on Wednesday hailed the announcement of bonus for central government employees, saying it will bring joy in their lives ahead of the festive season.
“Modi government is synonymous with prosperity. I congratulate PM @narendramodi ji for bringing joy in the lives of about 30.67 lakh central government employees before this festive season by approving the immediate payment of bonus into their accounts in today’s cabinet meeting,” Shah said on Twitter.
He also highlighted the other decision taken by the Union Cabinet regarding the procurement of apples from Jammu and Kashmir.
“Furthering its commitment to help and empower the people of J&K, PM @narendramodi led union cabinet has approved the extension of Market Intervention Scheme for procurement of apples. This will enhance the income of apples growers by providing an effective marketing platform,” the home minister said in another tweet.
The cabinet on Wednesday approved productivity and non-productivity bonus for the central government employees. Briefing the mediapersons about the cabinet decisions, Union minister Prakash Javadekar said that it will be given out immediately, in a single installment, before Vijaya Dashami.
Javadekar also said that the beneficiaries include 17 lakh non-gazetted employees from commercial establishments like railways, post office, EPFO, ESIC who will get their productivity-linked bonus and other 13 lakh government employees who will get their non-productivity-linked bonus.
Ths comes days after finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a Leave Treavel Concession (LTC) cash voucher scheme. The move was meant to boost consumer spending during the festival season.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Captain Amarinder Singh the violence would negate the goodwill the farmers had earned through their peaceful protests so far.
- The Haryana government said the decision was taken on the basis of intelligence reports on the likelihood of violence and disturbance of public peace in the state's national capital region districts
- A three-tier security was placed across Kashmir, especially around Srinagar's SK stadium where the main function was held.
- The Dhannipur project includes a mosque, hospital, museum, library, community kitchen, Indo-Islamic Cultural Research Centre and Publication House.