News updates from Hindustan Times at 9 am: Cold wave condition likely to persist over northwest India till weekend
- Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion at 9 AM. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion at 9 AM. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Cold wave likely to persist over NW India till Sunday: IMD
Many parts of northwest India are recording significantly below normal temperatures, according to India Meteorological Department (IMD). Cold wave and cold day conditions are likely to persist over northwest India till the weekend. Read more
Tandav row: Gauahar Khan reacts as Supreme Court refuses to grant actors protection from arrest
Gauahar Khan is astonished by the Supreme Court’s refusal to grant the makers and actors of controversial Amazon Prime Video series Tandav protection from arrest. Criminal cases have been lodged against them in multiple states for allegedly hurting religious sentiments. Read more
'I was like, wow, this is unreal man': R Ashwin recalls Shubman Gill's words during MCG Test
Shubman Gill has become one of the most-talked-about batsmen after his exploits in India's successful series against Australia. Gill scored 259 runs in 3 Tests in the series at an average of 51.80. His innings of 91 runs in the Brisbane Test set up the chase for India on the final day at Gabba. Read more
This sonification clip involving a supernova is absolutely mesmerising
If you’re someone who follows the various social media profiles managed by NASA, you may have seen the sonification videos. They are the clips which transform data from the outer space into sound. If you have, then this latest post involving a supernova shared on official account for NASA's Hubble Space Telescope will speak to your soul. Even if you’re unaware, let this be your first. Read more
Apple doubled its business in India last quarter, says Tim Cook
Apple doubled its business in India last quarter compared to a year ago, said CEO Tim Cook during the company’s Q1 2021 earnings call. Read more
Covid vaccine: Nepal thanks India as it begins immunisation, China trumped
Nepal launched Covid-19 immunisation after India sent vaccines. India sent 10 lakh doses of Covishield vaccines to Nepal as a gift. Nepal PM Oli thanked India and PM Modi for the vaccine consignment. Watch more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On October 29 last year, the top court had stayed a direction passed on October 20 by the Delhi High Court directing 2,318 undertrial prisoners to surrender in a phased manner.
- Deputy leader of the Congress in the Rajya Sabha, Anand Sharma, accused the party’s Bengal president and Lok Sabha member Adhir Ranjan Chowdury of diluting the party’s core ideology and the secularism by allying with Abbasuddin Siddiqui’s Indian Secular Front (ISF).
- This will be the first of the many public meetings Adityanath is scheduled to address in Bengal where the BJP is looking to unseat the led TMC.
- "Toll collection through electronic tolling has reached 93 per cent during the last fortnight after the FASTag was made mandatory," Gadkari said.
- The senior citizen said he would return on Tuesday with his wife on Tuesday o she could be administered her vaccine.