News updates from Hindustan Times: India to help neighbours with emergency Covid vaccine; commercial supplies later
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
India to help neighbours with emergency Covid vaccine; commercial supplies later
India will send a limited quantity of Covid-19 vaccines to neighbouring countries for “emergency use authorisation” under the grant-in-aid programme while commercial supplies will only take place after the vaccines get market authorisation. Read more
Hopeful for positive situation: Army chief expects talks to resolve border crisis with China
Indian Army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane said on Tuesday he expected talks to lead to an amicable solution to the border crisis with China that flared last year after a scrap in which 20 Indian soldiers were killed. Read more
5.65 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to be transported on Day 1: Hardeep Puri
As the first batch of Covid-19 vaccines was sent to several cities across India from Pune's Serum Institute of India (SII) on Tuesday morning, Union civil aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri tweeted four carriers will operate nine flights to transport 5.65 million doses of Covishield. Read more
India vs Australia: 'He was not trying to change Rishabh Pant's guard mark,' Tim Paine defends Steve Smith
Australia captain Tim Paine on Tuesday defended Steve Smith and said the Aussie batsman was not trying to change Rishabh Pant's guard. Read more
Kim Sharma rocks bikini looks at BTown's favourite holiday destination, Maldives
From leopard prints to glitzy beach wear and recently a sultry black bikini, Mohabbatein-fame Kim Sharma is setting the Internet ablaze with her sizzling looks during her stay at Bollywood's favourite holiday destination, Maldives. Read more
Gullak Season 2 review: This middle class drama is as genuine as pure love
Gullak is not just a piggybank that serves as the resting place of random change you have lying around, but also a reservoir of stories of the household it resides in. Read more
BMW 220i M Sport launched in India at an introductory price of ₹41 lakh
BMW India has launched the 2 Series Gran Coupe in a new petrol variant in India today at an introductory price of ₹40.90 lakh. Read more
Man creates song out of the ‘gamla’ scene from Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. Watch
One of the top meme trends of 2020 undoubtedly was Rasode Mein Kaun Tha. Yashraj Mukhate, a sound engineer, turned a scene from the show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya into a song which many still can't stop humming. Read more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sangma said the mineral, weighing truckloads, which were dumped in a scattered manner, were being tallied.
- ‘Khukuri’ a brand of Nepalese cigarette has captured the market in the border areas of US Nagar, Champawat and Pithoragarh. Over 90% of smokers prefer to purchase and smoke this not due to taste but its cheap prices, said an official.
- In 2016, the Supreme Court had placed a ban on animal fights during religious and cultural festivals.
- Air quality had remained in the poor to very poor category since the beginning of January owing to low temperatures. On January 8, the AQI was the worst at 317 (very poor) for this year.
- For the first time, TMC’s youth unit president and chief minister Mamata Banerjee’s nephew Abhishek Banerjee stepped in to solve the crisis. He sent party spokesperson Kunal Ghosh to bring Roy to his office on Camac Street in south Kolkata and held a two-hour meeting on Friday.
- To meet Shah’s target of winning more than 200 of Bengal’s 294 assembly seats in 2021, the BJP has put together its biggest election machinery in the eastern state.
- More than 12,000 doses of the vaccine have reached Ladakh of which around 4,000 have been earmarked for armed forces personnel to protect them from Covid-19, the officials said speaking on condition of anonymity.
- MPW workers demand promotion and cadre-restructuring.
- Choudhury's comments came after the TMC had on Wednesday said the Congress and the Left should support Banerjee in her fight against the BJP, a suggestion rejected by the two parties.